Nurse Associate - Care Collaborative PCN
Alliance for Better Care Ltd.
The closing date is 10 July 2022
This is an exciting new role, within a Primary Care setting, where you will be using your skills to support and complement our existing team of clinicians, providing and monitoring patient- centred care across the patient population.
You will be a Registered Nursing Associate, registered on the NMC as a Nurse Associate, who is motivated, proactive, committed and with excellent communication skills.
This contract is until 31st March 2024.
Main duties of the job
Will work equally across the PCN network practices as well as time dedicated to training and networking. Main practice base to be confirmed on appointment.
Mornings will be spent working across the PCN, ensuring phlebotomy requirements are fulfilled. Afternoons will be working across the Practices in varied clinics. You may be required to do home visits to housebound patients, care home residents and frail members of the population for chronic disease management monitoring and reviews. You will be part of the Anticipatory Care and Care Home Hub team with a focus on Chronic Disease Management, particularly Diabetes.
You will work independently under the leadership of our Registered Nurses, supporting with all aspects of nursing care and improving on the safety and quality of patient care at every opportunity.
Alliance for Better Care is a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to support the sustainability and success of General Practice in East Surrey, Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex. Our strategy is to support Primary Care Networks and individual practices through management expertise, at-scale clinical services and back-office functions, as we believe that General Practice is fundamental to improving the health and happiness of our communities.
ABC provide employment and management support to Care Collaborative Primary Care Network comprising the following practices:
- Greystone House Surgery
- The Wall House Surgery
- Moat House Surgery
- Provide continuing care to patients across the practice population.
- Treatment room duties in line with competency e.g. Suture/clip removal, Basic & complex wound care, ECG. Phlebotomy, Urinalysis.
- Monitoring and support of the management of patients with long-term conditions / chronic diseases, using a holistic patient centred approach.
- Partake in Practice and PCN MDTs, supporting the co-ordination and management of patients living in Care Home.
- Support patients to improve and maintain their mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Warfarin monitoring using INR Star.
- Assist in the provision of minor surgery, coil and implant fittings.
- Assist with the co-ordination of Infection Control policy and audit.
- Chaperone patients when required.
- Assist in the training and development of trainee Nurse Associates and HCAs in line with RCGP competence.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the primary health care team.
- Use knowledge and experience to make evidence-based decisions and solve problems.
- Recognise and work within the limits of their competence.
- Engage in reflective practice including management of self and reflection on own reactions, asking questions, and reflecting on answers given.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities.
- Be responsible for own actions.
- Act professionally at all times.
- Any other duties considered relevant to the post.
- Identify personal development and training needs in conjunction with the Line Manager.
- Participate in an annual Personal Development Review.
- Keep all mandatory training up to date and maintain own portfolio of professional development.
- Participate fully in practice audit and quality development programmes.
- Participate in formal tutorials and informal training of student nurses and GP trainees in the practice.
- Participate as required in any research studies taken on by the practice.
Please see the full job description for further information.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Alliance for Better Care Ltd.
For questions about the job, contact:
17 June 2022
£25,968.88 to £29,830.08 a year depending on experience