Physician Associate - Horsham Central PCN
Alliance for Better Care Ltd.
The closing date is 24 October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a WTE Physician Associate to work within the Horsham Central Primary Care Network (PCN) which includes 4 surgeries and covers a total population of approximately 57,400 patients. Whilst General Practice has some challenging times ahead, this role provides an exciting and innovative career choice for someone who wants to make a real difference in the communities they serve. This post will support patients across the PCN and the successful candidate will be provided with excellent support and the opportunity for development in the role.
This is a fixed term role until 31st March 2024.
Main duties of the job
Under supervision of the GP in the practice, the post holder will provide care for the presenting patient from focused history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of care. They will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the service. The post holder will demonstrate critical thinking in the decision-making process. They will work collaboratively with the healthcare team to meet the needs of the patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures. The post holder will provide a holistic and clinical service, with support and supervision of GPs, implementing agreed management plans and following approved protocols as appropriate. This post will provide first point of contact care for a range of patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems.
Alliance for Better Care is a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to support the sustainability and success of General Practice in East Surrey, Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex. Our strategy is to support Primary Care Networks and individual practices through management expertise, at-scale clinical services and back-office functions, as we believe that General Practice is fundamental to improving the health and happiness of our communities.
ABC provide employment and management support to Horsham Central Primary Care Network comprising the following practices:
- Park Surgery
- Holbrook Surgery
- Orchard Surgery
- Riverside Surgery
The postholder, under appropriate supervision, will:
- Provide first point of contact care for patients presenting with undiagnosed problems and manage a clinical caseload in a primary care setting. The postholder will take the patients history, carry out any necessary physical examinations and utilise clinical decision making skills and diagnostic tools to establish a working diagnosis and management plan in partnership with the patient (and carers where applicable)
- Review, analyse and action diagnostic test results
- Deliver integrated patient-centred care through appropriate working with the wider primary care multidisciplinary team and social care colleagues
- Undertake consultations face-to-face, via telephone or online for emergency or routine problems as determined by the PCN.
- Where required by the PCN, undertake specialised clinics following appropriate training.
- Provide health promotion/disease prevention advice to patients
- Participate in clinical audit, significant event reviews and other research
- Provide clinical leadershi where appropriate within the practice and support other members of the team to develop and maintain clinicial skills appropriate to your role and expertise
Please see the full Job Description for further detail.
Skills & Knowledge
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Alliance for Better Care Ltd.
For help with your application, contact:
01 October 2021
£38,890 to £44,503 a year