Primary Care Coordinator - South Crawley PCN
Alliance for Better Care Ltd.
This job is now closed
This is an exciting opportunity for a Care Coordinator to join the South Crawley PCN.
This role is to support the smooth co-ordination of patient care across the South Crawley Primary Care Network for the benefit of our patients. This role is advertised to work across Saxonbrook Medical Centre, Gossops Green Medical Centre, Coachmans Medical Practise and Bewbush Medical Centre.
Full time / Part time considered.
This post is until 31st March 2024.
Main duties of the job
The Care Coordinator will be responsible for consulting with patients and determining their needs, developing care plans, coordinating patient-care services, educating them about their condition, empowering them to be independent whenever possible and working with the care team to evaluate interventions.
The post holder will support adult patients and assist them through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator, empowering them and educating them to promote and support their independence.
The post holder will talk to patients, and where appropriate their families and/or carers, on the practice premises, remotely by telephone or video, or in the patients home if needed.
Please see full Job Description for more information on the role.
Alliance for Better Care is a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to support the sustainability and success of General Practice in East Surrey, Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex. Our strategy is to support Primary Care Networks and individual practices through management expertise, at-scale clinical services and back-office functions, as we believe that General Practice is fundamental to improving the health and happiness of our communities.
ABC provide employment and management support to South Crawley Care Primary Care Network comprising the following practices:
- Saxonbrook Medical Centre
- Gossops Green Medical Centre
- Coachmans Medical Practise
- Bewbush Medical Centre
A few responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for arranging MDT meetings and the smooth running of integrated care within the medical centre. A key role of the Care Coordinator will be to schedule the MDT meetings and manage the meeting agenda items, ensuring that all new referrals are identified, and information is circulated to team members in advance of the meeting.
- Identify patients to discuss at PCN level MDTs with a view to reducing unplanned admissions and exacerbation of conditions.
Managing a caseload
- Identify patients that may need support by receiving information about transfers of care (including hospital admissions and discharges) and from internal practice intelligence.
- Educate patients (and if applicable and if appropriate consent is in place, their carers or family) about their condition and medication, and give them specific instructions.
- Help patients understand their condition by liaising with clinical colleagues, especially the practice pharmacists, regarding their medication. Aim for patients to have specific instructions regarding their medication and understand how they access repeat prescriptions and reviews.
- With the help of relevant clinical colleagues, develop a care plan to address patients personal health care needs. Ensure care plans are maintained, updated, and uploaded to all relevant systems for sharing with other providers, including SystmOne and ShareMyCare.
- Promote clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Assist and empower the patient to consult and collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to set up patient appointments and treatment plans.
- Check in on the patient regularly and evaluate and document their progress.
Please see full Job Description for further information on the role.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Alliance for Better Care Ltd.
For help with your application, contact:
28 September 2021
£21,892 to £24,157 a year