Battersea Healthcare CIC
This job is now closed
Battersea Healthcare is a GP practice-owned community interest company and social enterprise set up to provide quality healthcare for all the people of Wandsworth. We are looking for an experienced Financial Assistant (Xero experience preferred) to ensure that all general finance duties and associated activities are accurately maintained and delivered in accordance with company standards.
The post holder will report into the Finance Manager and forms part of a small and effective finance team of 3.
At least 50% home working is expected at this time but this is ordinarily a Putney based office post.
Applicants are required to note that this post includes NHS Pensions. Battersea Healthcare CIC have their own sickness, redundancy and annual leave policies. Staff benefits include eye care vouchers and a paid day volunteering in a local preferred charity.
Main duties of the job
Educated to GCSE level with finance admin experience (1 year plus)
A positive, can do attitude with the ability to lead staff to achieve organisational goals
Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Demonstrate the passion to add value and consistently provide a high level of service
A small and agile, not for profit healthcare organisation with a very strong and supportive leadership team.
The work is predominantly transactional admin based but the Finance Team will meet with other colleagues on Microsoft Teams once per week to keep in touch with each other and wider organisational goals.
We are currently working from home more than 50% of our hours during this continued Covid 19 period in the UK.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Undertake all necessary bookkeeping and finance duties including, but not limited to the following:
- Processing records on Xero
- Processing all accounts receivable and payable on Xero (ingoing and outgoing invoices)
- Bank account reconciliations
- Reviewing ledgers
- Monthly/quarterly management reports
- Process payments for authorisation via the banking portal e.g. BACS, CHPAS and faster payments
- Ensure all transactions are accurately recorded and processed
- Escalate any issues to the Finance Lead
- Ensure activity is appropriately recorded and paid for the following contracts, but not limited to:
- Rapid Response
- Health & Social Care Coordinator
- Undertake any manual adjustments (as required) ensuring an audit trail is in place
- Create payment files for authorised activities
- Support the budget holder identifying and resolving any anomalies
- Innovate any processes to harness technology rather than manual procedures
- Produce accurate reports in the agreed format as per the annual schedule
- Monitor and respond to the Finance generic email inbox (or refer as required)
- Ensure any queries received are dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that the Finance Team is seen as a positive and supportive department to all enquirers
- To support other team colleagues, where required with extra duties as and when required.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Battersea Healthcare CIC
For help with your application, contact:
30 October 2020
£13,500 a year
Part-time, Flexible working