PCN Business Intelligence and Data Manager
Newcastle General Practice Services Ltd
This job is now closed
We are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence and Data Manager to join our friendly team in the GP federation in Newcastle, working on behalf of the 7 Primary Care Networks (PCNs) in the city.
This is a new role working in NHS Primary Care Networks and GP practices.
Primary Care Networks are contracted to provide health and care services to patients through GP practices. This role will help coordinate that work through business intelligence and data support.
Liaising with GP practices and staff, monitoring contractual performance with robust processes and key metrics, with regular reviews and reporting to stakeholders are all central to this role.
Leading on information governance and the provision of effective and reliable data reporting will also be essential.
Identifying and developing new opportunities will also be vital in establishing and growing both this role and the work of the Primary Care networks.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for the essential and desirable criteria for the role.
- Interview Date: 19th September 22
- Standard working hours: 37 Hours, 30 Minutes/Week
- Flexible working arrangements are available.
Main duties of the job
- Day to day management of all data and business intelligence processes required by the PCN to ensure the effective and efficient management and delivery of contracted services
- Day to day liaison with practices, stakeholders and partner organisations to ensure the effective support of all service delivery undertaken and business development opportunities pursued by the PCN
- Ensuring the effective review and management of performance dashboards, contractual and stakeholder reports and returns
- Ensuring robust contract performance and demand management systems and processes are developed and implemented
- Being IG Lead and coordinating, publicising and monitoring the standards of information handling throughout the PCNs
- Identifying and developing new business and service development opportunities for the networks
- Liaise with and support practices to ensure the effective management and delivery of contracts and services undertaken
- Identify areas for continual improvement within areas of responsibility and proactively assist with implementing change as required
- Undertake specific assigned tasks, project support and development work which may arise during the impending changes to the PCNs
- Proactive contribution to ensuring the operational efficiency of PCN and practices
Newcastle GP Services is an ambitious and innovative organisation that provides support for our member GP Practices and includes all 7 Primary Care Networks (PCNs) across Newcastle city centre. Based in Gosforth, we deliver a range of services and are growing our welcoming team to accommodate the rapid expansion of PCNs. We serve our members by delivering services at scale across the City.
In this role you will be working across all 7 Primary Care Networks in the city and will be liaising with key stakeholders including primary care practitioners, local authorities, commissioners among others.
- Delivery of all PCN data and IT services according to specifications and requirements
- Submission of data and reports required for performance management of PCN services by commissioners and clients
- Assisting in the development of PCN services and business opportunities
- Liaison with external partner organisations and stakeholders
- Ensure the development, maintenance and implementation of robust data management systems and processes
- Assist in identifying and coordinating the implementation of improvements to quality and performance management systems and processes
- Administration of the data management support to the PCN
- Ensuring appropriate and timely data input as required
- Document Management in accordance with PCN policies and procedures
- Ensure urgent correspondence and items of relevance are immediately brought to the attention of the Clinical Director and PCN Board and respond to correspondence, as appropriate
- Ensure circulation of data and IT function information and communications to the PCNs, stakeholders and partner organisations as required
- Ensure strict confidentiality of correspondence, reports, meetings and verbal communications as appropriate
Qualification, Training and Experience
- Evidence of good organisational and administrative skills. Competent to use the full range of Microsoft Office applications and Primary Care Health systems including S1 and EMIS.
- Able to meet deadlines and to coordinate a variety of activity threads simultaneously.
- Able to present data and information in a neat, professional and accessible manner.
- A motivated self-starter who can work with initiative with minimal direction, able to develop ideas and translate them into workable systems.
- You will have an eye for detail and create and implement processes that colleagues can follow.
- Comfortable working with a range of people across the NHS from practice teams, network staff, board members and stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of the NHS, especially the role, aim and challenges of primary care, is essential. Previous experience of working in a primary health care setting would be advantageous
- Essential - Specialist qualification in an IM&T related area
- Desirable - Educated to master’s degree level, or equivalent higher education qualification or an equivalent level of experience in a related role
Key Working Relationships
Key relationships include but are not limited to:
• Directors of NGPS/Member Practices/ Locality leads/CEO and COO. • Primary Care Practitioners • Local Authorities, MPs and Councillors • Health Informatics teams • Commissioning Support Units • Newcastle Gateshead CCG • Provider Trusts • Voluntary Sector Organisations • Contractors • Patients and general public Main
Motivated self-starter who can work with initiative and make decisions within the scope of their remit.
Freedom to Act
Use initiative while working within established procedures, and practice to acceptable standards for team results.
Work within a wide range of procedures and professional guidelines.
Responsible for day-to-day management of self
Demonstrates own activities or workplace routines to new or less experienced employees in own work area.
The post holder will function within a moderately predictable work pattern period.
Flexibility within work practices is essential.
Health & Safety
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the Federation's Health & Safety Policy.
In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients, carers, practices, federation staff and other healthcare workers.
All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential and may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures..
This Job Description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and will be reviewed periodically in conjunction with the post holder. The post holder is required to carry out any duties that may be reasonably be requested by NGPS.