Learning and Development Manager
Invicta Health CIC
The closing date is 06 December 2021
At Invicta Health CIC we are a learning organisation whose aim is to ensure we support, develop and train our people and those across GP practices in Kent & Medway to be the best they can be.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Corporate team for a Learning and Development Manager to join us in this journey.
The Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for delivering a professional & strategic L&D service to meet the needs of the organisation. The post holder will manage our commissioned training service Invicta Health Learning, our internal training service Invicta Health Learning plus and working with the Head of Workforce to develop and deliver an organisation wide L&D strategy.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about learning and development. You will be keen to build a learning culture, focusing on building technical skills and knowledge, increasing management and leadership capacity and harnessing future talent.
The role will work closely with Senior Management Team and will also be required to deputise for the Head of Workforce during periods of leave.
Main duties of the job
The role will have three focuses, one being to manage our commissioned learning service which provides training to GP practice staff across Kent & Medway.
The second to manage and develop our internal training service Invicta Health Learning Plus. Manging the current SLA's and ensuring KPI's are reached. Actively seeking further opportunities, networking and building relationships with stakeholders.
The third focus will be to work closely with the Head of Workforce on Invicta Health's organisational L&D strategy. Developing a learning needs analysis process, training plan and feeding into the workforce plan.
We are a non-profit company, with a passion for primary care. We have a wide range of services such as GP surgeries, services in Urgent Treatment Centres, a Community Primary Care mental health service, GP staff training service and the list is growing all the time.
We are formed by a federation of General Practitioners working in Canterbury and South Kent Coast areas of East Kent.
Our aim is to provide local, high quality services for local people by collaborating with other established organisations in the health and social care community.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: We are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Invicta Health reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Invicta Health Learning
- To manage the LMC contract: to include working with primary care, the training hub and the LMC, providing support and training to facilitate the provision of e-learning, coordination of courses, workshops, and in-house training requests as part of the learning service.
- To support the team to ensure that the processes/infrastructures are in place to ensure that the service is safe and effective and to continually review, research and development of course materials for the Learning Service (and any course within the Learning Plus services)
- To undertake Management and Supervision of Learning Team Service staff.
- To manage the budget (predicted and confirmed spend) for the Learning Service
Invicta Health Learning Plus
- Manage Invicta Health’s training service Invicta Health Learning Plus, to include:
o managing current SLA’s, ensuring KPI’S are reached and reported back to service users
o Ensure the administration team manage the Learning Management System, reviewing account numbers and ensuring the site is fit for purpose and up to date
o line manage and supervise the administration team, ensuring training is coordinated efficiently and processes are followed
- Actively seek further opportunities for the service, networking and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Research and keep up to date with training needs and requirements within the health sector to ensure the service is relevant and maximising all opportunities.
- Alongside the Head of Workforce develop and then implement a marketing strategy to promote the service.
- Manage the budget for the service, ensuring that the service does not run at a loss and invoices are requested in a timely manner. Ensure that financial opportunities and risks are identified.
- Work with the Head of Workforce to develop a learning needs analysis process for the whole organisation, using best practice and new developments to ensure the process is fit for purpose, including identification, prioritisation, commissioning, tracking, reporting and evaluation of learning and development needs.
- Use the learning needs analysis process to develop an organisational annual training plan, supported by Head of Workforce.
- Work with the Head of Workforce, Head of Operations & Head of Quality and Professional Standards in the workforce planning process to support them to identify, diagnose and plan to address L&D needs through a clear strategic framework.
- Provide advice and expertise to service areas in relation to the diagnosis and identification of L&D needs and design appropriate solution to meet those needs.
- Work collaboratively with external L&D providers to commission and develop L&D programmes.
- Work with the Head of Finance & Head of Operations to ensure all external training funds are maximised and used appropriately across the organisation.
- Oversee the compliance for statutory and mandatory training across the organisation, ensuring that as an organisation we are meeting our legal obligations and training is appropriate for roles and responsibilities.
Invicta Health CIC
For help with your application, contact:
17 November 2021
Agenda for change
£32,305.95 to £39,026.70 a year
Full-time, Flexible working