College Lane Surgery
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Receptionist to join an established, experienced and dedicated team at College Lane Surgery in Pontefract
We are a well-established training practice providing general medical services for our ever growing practice list of over 10,000 patients.
The successful candidate will be a highly flexible person with office and reception skills. A high standard of computer skills, a good telephone manner and the ability to communicate with others are essential. This role is demanding and varied.
We are a fully computerised Practice, utilising SystmOne, Ardens and AccuRx suite of tools.
Our modern premises include a newly renovated branch surgery in Thorpe Audlin.
Main duties of the job
- Managing patient enquiries and appointment bookings
- To ensure accurate efficient record keeping and filing and maintenance of medical record or data in whatever form the practice received or generates it
- To liaise with hospitals and other providers regarding patients
- To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls to assist with prompt and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with queries appropriately
- To electronically and manually file patient correspondence into medical records.
- To assist with the gathering of statistics and information when required
- To provide cover for members of the team during periods of sickness and annual leave
- Reviewing medical records and producing accurate summaries of patients past medical history
- To ensure practice premises including waiting rooms, consulting rooms and offices are always kept in an organised and tidy condition, safeguarding patients, staff and visitors
- You will contribute to the security and safety of the practice buildings and property when on duty
- To attend meetings
- To assist with other clerical and administrative duties as required
Ackworth is a lovely village in West Yorkshire with excellent state primary schools and a large independent school (3-18 years).
There is a thriving community, churches and shops and excellent transport links to Leeds, York, the M62 and the A1.
MORE REASONS TO JOIN US
6 Partners + 3 Salaried GPs
Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Musculoskeletal First Contact
Friendly, forward thinking team
Nominated for General Practice of the year 2018 and Receptionist / Reception Team of the year WINNER 2021
Teaching Practice with GP registrars, FY2 and medical students
HEE West Yorkshire training hub practice
Very high QOF achievers
Mindful employer with wellbeing support
Regular team building and excellent peer support
Provide reception and administrative support for the patient population and the whole Practice team. You will work with a reception team to deliver the running of an efficient and effective reception office.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).