Data and Information Manager
Pennine MSK Partnership
The closing date is 06 July 2022
Pennine MSK Partnership is seeking to appoint a well-organised and motivated individual who enjoys investigating data and problem solving whilst striving to improve data quality.
As our Data & Information Manager, the post holder will work as part of a busy and dynamic team in delivering an effective service and supporting managers and staff across Data & Analytics to lead the technical delivery and data quality work, across the organisation.
The post holder will be our lead representative around IT strategy and will be responsible for ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of IT systems, ensuring all IT related issues are comprehensively and effectively addressed.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across Data & Analytics to lead the technical delivery and data quality work including information technology, across the organisation. The post holder works with stakeholders mainly analysts within NHS England and other arm length bodies, and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organisation's data quality strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets.
The creation of and management of the data quality service within the Data team to achieve objectives of consistent data quality, better patient matching and support to national/regional/local reference data alignment.
Aid development of policies including updating contingency, data administration protocols and operational policy to ensure an effective use of the various systems.
To act as the lead IT representative for Pennine MSK regarding IT strategy, including responsibility for ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of IT systems in line with organisational needs.
To work with clinicians and administration teams to identify opportunities to use IT drive innovation, service improvement and business efficiency.
Assist with the implementation of the roll out of new data/IT systems used within the organisation.
Pennine MSK Partnership are at the forefront of delivering a consultant led, NHS community service for the people of Oldham in Rheumatology, Orthopaedics and Persistent Pain.
We live by our mission statement to keep the patient at the heart of everything that we do by providing outstanding care and support to every patient, every time.
- To manage the Data and Information team to provide data and information for the service including input and verification of RTT status, clinical activity reporting, audit standards, CDS coding, KPI’s, diagnostics, SUS, SCDS. WAR and clinic scheduling and requirements for clinic changes
- To provide line management and leadership support to the data team including producing rotas.
- To support the delivery of the functional objectives of the administrative division.
- To support the Business Operations Manager in leading and managing the administrative division of the organisation and deputise in their absence.
- To provide an administration service linked to data analysis and audit including the design of effective data capture systems, highlight problems from written and electronic data systems, monitoring and reporting service performance (both clinical and administrative)..
- To provide an accurate and robust data management system including input, safe storage, capture and production of statistical analysis from reports and support regular audits. Respond correctly to clinical emergencies to ensure that patients receive appropriate care.
- To contribute to the development of training other members of the service on data analysis, audit and systems, to include 18week RTT, systmone, digital dictation and SUS and any functional reports required by NHS England
- To build and develop data analysis reports to meet organisational objectives e.g. systmone reporting, excel.
- Maintain an understanding of the local and national performance information, indicators and targets that Pennine MSK is expected to submit and achieve and how the systems can be used to best facilitate this.
- Develop and maintain data management processes and procedures in line with NHS guidelines
- Liaise with clinicians to accurately set up and maintain clinical rotas across the service, room bookings and IT support.
- Act as the primary data management contact for internal and external cross-functional teams.
- Be accountable for the provision of secure data transfers according to the method and schedule defined by NHS England requirements
- Be the primary contact for statistical providers to agree methods of data transfer and negotiate delivery timelines if required.
- Develop systems for improving the collection of accurate and timely source data
- Monitor and manage data queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Apply critical appraisal skills in evaluating data collection and analysis of clinical data.
- Be accountable for maintaining high quality data
- To work with clinicians and administration teams to identify opportunities to use IT drive innovation, service improvement and business efficiency.
- To act as the lead IT representative for Pennine MSK regarding IT strategy, including responsibility for ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of IT systems in line with organisational needs. Ensuring that all IT related issues, including telephony, communications and all IT systems and equipment are comprehensively and effectively addressed.
- To be the main point of contact for IT queries service wide
- To facilitate the implementation for new IT systems or upgrades for existing IT systems
- To facilitate the installation for new IT equipment and the maintenance of existing IT equipment service wide
- To maintain the highest standards of communication, written and verbal, with patients and colleagues ensuring satisfactory and timely resolution of queries whilst upholding confidentiality in accordance with Data Protection Act 1998.
- To demonstrate responsibility and leadership for promoting and championing all aspects of equal opportunities by valuing diversity in all areas of work.
- To take responsibility for ensuring and achieving the objectives of the Pennine MSK Partnership Limited Health and Safety Policy.
- To undertake any other duties in order to meet personal, team and organisational objectives following consultation with your manager.
- To be flexible taking into consideration the needs of the business when undergoing specialist projects and training
- To undertake to attend regular training courses internal and external and to participate in the personal development plan process.
1. To maintain the highest standards of communication, written and verbal, with patients and colleagues ensuring satisfactory and timely resolution of queries whilst upholding confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To maintain accurate and contemporaneous records, both paper and electronic, in line with Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd policy.
2. To demonstrate responsibility and leadership for promoting and championing all aspects of equal opportunities by valuing diversity in all areas of work.
3. To take responsibility for ensuring and achieving the objectives of the Pennine MSK Partnership Ltd Health and Safety Policy.
4. To undertake any other duties in order to meet personal, team and organisational objectives following consultation with your manager.
This job description does not attempt to describe all the tasks the post holder will undertake, it does, however, indicate the degree of authority, range of duties covered and the flexibility required for the job.
This job description may be amended in consultation with the post holder as developments evolve, and as part of the appraisal process.
Knowledge and Skills
Communication and Verbal Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Pennine MSK Partnership
For questions about the job, contact:
13 June 2022
Agenda for change
£32,306 to £39,027 a year