Derby Family Medical Centre
This job is now closed
To join the Reception team in assisting patients in obtaining healthcare appropriate to their needs in a willing and helpful manner.
Main duties of the job
- To ensure that all visitors and telephone callers to the practice are greeted professionally.
- To ensure all telephone calls are managed appropriately.
- To manage the flow of patients arriving at the reception desk, for appointments, prescriptions or queries.
- To ensure the clinical staffs receive medical records as requested.
- To ensure that repeat prescriptions are generated accurately and efficiently, within the 48 hours specified by the practice.
- Completing Reception tasks
Derby Family medical centre has a very warm and family friendly atmosphere with patients from multi ethnic background. We have strong work ethics, providing patient care and team work.
- Greeting and booking in or patients for surgeries and clinics.
- Dealing with patient enquiries efficiently and courteously.
- The receiving and recording of telephone messages taking appropriate action
- Making appointments on Systm One, by processing appointment requests for on the day and future appointments from patients on the telephone.
- Dealing with all telephone queries/requests from patients, and acting as liaison with the Doctors/Nurses as necessary.
- Pulling and filing medical records as necessary. Processing repeat prescriptions and filing for collection within 48 hours.
- Taking home visit requests
- Advising patients of relevant charges for private services
- Receiving specimens from patients ensuring all their details have been recorded whilst following Health & Safety policy.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice policies and procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Provide administrative support for clinical staff.
- Filing patient records and correspondence when necessary.
- Opening and distribution or practice post.
- Registering new patients following the Registration Protocol.
- Scanning of documents onto the medical system.
- To send letters to patients as necessary.
- Photocopying of notes and other information.
- Changing details on Systm One i.e. Change of address, telephone numbers etc
- Knowledge of south Asian languages (Punjabi and Urdu)