WInchmore Hill Practice
This job is now closed
Winchmore Hill Practice is a forward thinking large practice in Enfield. We are currently looking for a GP to join our growing team. We are a very supportive and friendly teaching practice.
We believe in delivering excellence in health care to our 22,000 patients, working in a supportive and well organised multi-professional team (including Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Nurse prescriber, Paramedic, Pharmacist, Physician Associate & HCA). We are an EMIS practice with excellent, modern purpose built premises on single site with great transport links to London.
- Strong Administration team
- Coffee mornings
- Regular practice and educational meetings
- Flexible session times to suit GP needs
Main duties of the job
To support the GP partners, to manage the clinical caseload. The appointee will also have the opportunity to take part in leading on key disease areas, assist in developing appropriate healthcare services for a diverse, patient list and teaching and training.
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/her-self available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations and emergencies, telephone consultations and queries, triaging, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, patient test results, patient medical reports and examinations (e.g. Insurance Companies) on behalf of the Practice, referral letters NHS/private, paperwork and correspondence in a timely manner;
In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
At Winchmore Hill Practice we believe in providing holistic care to our patients. We are a teaching practice so have great emphasis on teaching and continuous development of the team and services we provide to our patients. There is great support from colleagues and strong admin team. Clinicians have daily coffee mornings and regular meetings. Flexible times to suit GP needs. Very convenient car parking facilities.
Salaried GP Job Description
Winchmore Hill Practice
We are a training practice with 22000 patients. There are 4 partners and 6 salaried GPs.
Responsible to: Partners
Days of Work: Monday- Friday
Hours of Work: 5-6 sessions as above with equitable shares of visiting and on call duties pro-rota (which will be on average once in every two weeks)
Location: Green Lanes Surgery, 808, Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, N212SA
Role Summary: The post-holder will provide general medical services managing a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients
Probation Period: 6 months
Contract type: Annual renewal
Notice Period: 6 weeks
Annual Leave: 6 weeks pro rota
Study Leave: one week pro rota
Main purpose of the role: To support the GP partners, to manage the clinical caseload. The appointee will also have the opportunity to take part in leading on key disease areas, assist in developing appropriate healthcare services for a diverse, patient list and teaching and training.
· In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/her-self available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations and emergencies, telephone consultations and queries, triaging, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, patient test results, patient medical reports and examinations (e.g. Insurance Companies) on behalf of the Practice, referral letters NHS/private, paperwork and correspondence in a timely manner;
· Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation;
· Recording clear and contemporaneous I.T. based consultation notes to agreed standards;
· Collecting data for audit purposes;
· Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions
· Prescribing in accordance with locally agreed or national guidelines.
· In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
Other responsibilities with the Practice:
· Teaching and training of doctors and nurses;
· Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety, annual QOF Assessment of the Practice.
· A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice;
· Keep a portfolio;
· Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation;
· Contributing to the development of computer-based patient records;
· Attending training, Practice Meetings and events organised by the practice or other agencies, where appropriate.
· In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately;
· In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
Health & Safety
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
· Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines;
· Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks;
· Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills;
· Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards;
· Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and Diversity
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
· Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation;
· Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues;
In addition to maintaining continued education through attendance at any courses and/or study days necessary to ensure that professional development requirements are met, the post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
· Participation in an annual individual performance review, annual GP Appraisal including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development;
· Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
· Alert other team members to issues of Clinical Governance issues, quality and risk; participate in Significant Event Analysis reviews
· Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision;
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance;
· Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients’ needs;
· Effectively manage own time, workload and resources. He/she will also contribute to the overall team-working of the Practice putting the needs of the Practice first.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
· Communicate effectively with other team members;
· Communicate effectively with patients and carers;
· Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the planning and implementation of services
The post-holder will:
· Apply practice policies, standards and guidance;
· Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work;
· Participate in audit where appropriate.
· Work with the Partners and Management Team to achieve standards of quality, performance standards, budgets and targets without compromising levels of patient healthcare.
· Contribute towards the development and implementation of new standards, policies and procedures that are/will be required of GP Practices now and in the future .
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
WInchmore Hill Practice
For questions about the job, contact:
11 May 2022
£10,000 a session