Merstow Green Medical Practice
This job is now closed
We are Merstow Green Medical Practice a friendly NHS GP Practice located in the centre of Evesham. We require an additional member of our Phone Room Administration Team.
12.30PM-6.30PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident team player who is keen to assist and care navigate patients to the appropriate service, promote these services. Have excellent communication skills and support our clinical staff with any help or assistance that they may require.
Main duties of the job
To work within a busy phone room dealing with daily enquiries from patients and NHS staff in a courteous and confident manner following practice policy. Along side this important part of the role you will be assigned various administration duties. Experience of working in a GP Practice not necessary but the successful candidate would need to be a quick learner, hard working and be able to work to very high standards to enable us to deliver the best patient care and the highest quality of service possible.
We are situated in the centre of Evesham and our practice area extends over a wide range of nearby villages.
We have a full compliment of clinical and administrative staff and are part of the Vale PCN.
Please view our website for further details.
Closing date is 02.11.2021 (subject to change dependant on the right applicant)
MERSTOW GREEN MEDICAL PRACTICE
JOB TITLE: PHONE ROOM / ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: OFFICE MANAGER/PRACTICE MANAGER
HOURS: PART TIME- 30 hours per week
Support and provide the clinical staff with any help or assistance that they may require.
Be competent in all administration/telephone duties, Assist and care navigate patients to the appropriate service, promote these services. Have excellent communication skills and be able to work on own initiative and within a team. Liaise with all the GPs and the assigned Duty Doctor.
Project a confidential, professional, courteous, positive and friendly service to patients and visitors at all times either in person, via the telephone or letter. Provide first point of contact to resolve patient dispute. Adhere to and be confident in all practice procedure and protocols and work in accordance to all written practice protocols.
Reporting to and assisting the Office Manager
- Prioritising incoming calls above non-urgent tasks in accordance to practice policy.
- Process requests by the patient and clinicians
- To be able to triage all phone calls professionally, courteously and appropriately
- Process Home Visit requests, liaising with the Duty GP, printing visit sheets and Maps
- Deal with all patient queries from the onset to outcome
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary and adhere to protocols in place within the reception team
- Contact patients via telephone or letter as and when required
- Thorough knowledge of the operation of the telephone system (out of Hours/answer phone system options)
- To work within a team in accordance with practice policy. Managing any task/workflow allocated to you or your team
- To facilitate the booking Appointments and Clinics.
- Have thorough knowledge of the CQC toolkit and continually review updated documents and keep up to date with e-learning modules.
- Shredding confidential information and bagging for monthly collection
- Have a thorough understanding of SARs/Insurance Reporting process and iGPR system
- Computerisation of all reports and managing follow up actions
- Provide the first point of contact to resolve patient dispute in accordance to practice policy
- Have a thorough knowledge of the significant event and complaints process
- Inform patients of their test results and action accordingly
- Liaise with Doctors/Nurses regarding GP Meetings and any other events
- Sort process and distribute external and internal post/emails
- Arrange meetings and maintain diary
- Filing. Pulling of notes. Housekeeping of notes room
- Have a working knowledge of the e-referral system process two week wait referrals
- Training of new phone room admin team members in accordance with practice policy
- Cover your team members annual leave/sickness as and when required
- Report to Office Manager any adverse administration issues
Knowledge and Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Merstow Green Medical Practice
For help with your application, contact:
13 October 2021
£17,142.84 a year pro rata