This job is now closed
Salaried GP, Ashville Surgery, SW6 London
Ashville Surgery is a friendly, well-established practice in South West London. Were looking for a GP to provide 4 to 6 clinical sessions per week.
Main duties of the job
Were seeking entrepreneurial candidates who:
are keen and enthusiastic team players
can demonstrate commitment and flexibility
will help the practice adapt, grow and thrive in the current climate
Ashville Surgery has a list size of 12,000, with 4 GP Partners and 1 salaried GP. Weve been rated by the CQC (April 2016) as good.
To deliver clinical care to the patients registered and attending the GP surgery
To work closely with the clinical leads and local management team
To work as part of a cohesive team and, when necessary, take lead responsibility for some clinical areas and issues
MAIN TASKS PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide clinical care to patients as described in the job plan. This will include consultation sessions, telephone triage and duty doctor sessions, correspondence, results, medication reviews, prescription signing, home visits, surgery meetings and on-call (excluding out of hours)
- To adhere to the highest personal and professional standards as set out by the GMC and to put individual patient care as your priority.
- Working with the Practice Manager and clinical leads to support the development, delivery and review of the surgerys main aims and objectives, including list growth, patient satisfaction levels, QOF performance, enhanced services, out of hospital services, KPI targets, resource profile and cost management.
- To work closely with the surgery primary health care team in delivering clinical care, including attendance at practice team meetings.
- Ensure on-going CPD to keep abreast of new clinical developments and maintain an appreciation of the commitments and requirements of the wider clinical workforce
- Ensure that personal mandatory and organisationally required training is up to date
- Ensure engagement with NHS annual strengthened appraisal, PDP production and GMC revalidation.
- Document and report significant events and matters relating to clinical governance to the clinical lead or site manager.
- At all times to behave as a professional clinician and act as ambassador for the practice
- Current registration with GMC and engaged in regular clinical work
- An experienced doctor with GP accreditation
- MRCGP examination or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of the principles and values that support good medical practice
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and committed to working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Clear commitment to delivering quality and patient-focused services
- Record of continuous professional development
- Experience of clinical systems, preferably System One
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and difficult people
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
For help with your application, contact:
24 May 2021