Salaried GP - Lavender Grove - 6 sessions
Priory Medical Group
This job is now closed
- Do you want to have flexible clinics where you can manage your workload according to clinical priority?
- Do you want to have a named supervisor partner who will mentor you and guide you if you want to develop your role or responsibilities further?
- Do you want to feel like you are working at a small practice with the background support of a larger practice?
- Do you want to work alongside a highly skilled multi-disciplinary clinical team?
- Do you want to reduce the burden of administrative work?
(Please note the salary for this role has increased by 1% since 1st April 2023)
Main duties of the job
Our prioryCare access model ensures our patients can access us in a variety of ways and GP's can prioritise their clinics according to clinical need; seeing patients in person, managing their condition over the phone or via SMS as appropriate.
The role of a GP is challenging and varied, here at PMG we try to reduce the extra burden of admin tasks and allow you to concentrate on patient care. We have dedicated teams who process prescription requests, undertake rounds of local care homes, support frail patients in their home and action clinic / discharge letters. We are proud that our clinical team is made up of much more than GP's for example; our pharmacists, MSK practitioners, mental health practitioners run their own independent clinics.
Come and join us! Working at Priory Medical Group means that all these opportunities are waiting for you. We have a large team but we treat you as an individual, working at a specific site with a regular team.
Priory Medical Group is an award winning large multi-site training practice based in the beautiful city of York. Our team is made up of a highly-skilled, experienced and varied work force which aims to reduce the administrative burden on our GP team.
We have a strong emphasis on high quality of clinical care attaining very high QOF/IIF results across the board.
We are a Tier 2 registered practice for sponsorship.
- Large, multi-site practice with emphasis on dedicated locally based clinical teams working cohesively within one single PCN
- Each site cares for their local population with operational back office teams dedicated to significantly minimize the administrative burden on the doctors and allied health professionals
- Our innovative nationally recognised model of access (PrioryCare) allows improved patient flow and clinician control of caseload
- Flexible working hours, including school hours and retainer roles
- Involvement in urgent and routine patient care and a range of enhanced services
- Opportunity to be involved in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education through strong ties with HYMS and local Yorkshire Deanery
- Portfolio opportunities for involvement in a range of specialist GP services such as prison work, school health, sexual health LARC, Minor Surgery, Research, mentorship and training of allied health professions and Frailty specialist service
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team utilising the specialist skills of Clinical pharmacists/Specialist nurses/MSK practitioners/Social Prescribers/Physician Associates. Our clinical pharmacists are highly trained in chronic disease management including hypothyroid, heart failure, diabetes, HRT, Anticoagulation, Hypertension and Pain Management clinics.
- Working alongside our Complex Care Team that oversee our Care Home patients, opportunities available for Frailty specialist input in Community setting
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).