Do you love bringing
out the best in other people? Do you thrive on supporting teams to flourish and
work efficiently? If you share our values this could be a fantastic
For us, offering our
patients great care and kindness is number one. For this, we need a team, who
are motivated, well organised and cheerful,
We are looking for
someone who is exceptional at nurturing well-being in others. Are you an
attentive listener and skilled at coaching? Are you able to both encourage and
challenge? Do you enjoy delegation and enabling others to reach their
We have a fast paced,
hardworking team. Have you got the skills to form systems and processes that
are smooth and efficient?
We want someone who
will lead meetings we will look forward to! Can you engage everyone, help us
grapple with challenges and lead us to find and agree solutions?
We embrace innovation.
Can you bring experience in organisation development or quality improvement?
£35-£52k depending on experience
Main duties of the job
Bring out the best in staff
Give regular attention to individual performance and well-being;
encouraging and coaching.
Demonstrate high levels of professional behaviour; honest,
respectful and reliable.
Empathetic listener and nurturing
Able be firm and fair
See 'Key Expectations' in the person spec document.
Health Centre cares for 8,500 patients. We have a wonderful staff of 25 and we are lead
by 5 approachable partners. We train both doctors and nurses.We have a spacious building
and a lovely garden.
the work can be demanding, we have a relaxed and supportive team. We
care for each other and we have fun. We are optimistic, always taking
opportunities to innovate. We are motivated by social inequalities
and the environment.
Everyone is included in decisions. You work under own steam, with
freedom about how you go about your work.
The role we play is essential to patients and to the NHS. When we
are at our best as a team, we make such a difference to peoples
lives. If you can bring out the best in us, the impact you have will
be extremely satisfying.
See what our patients say about us!
20 May 2021
Depending on experience
120 Birley Lane
Summary of Role:
- To ensure the smooth, efficient running of the practice
by ensuring all non-clinical work is done and supporting the clinical
staff to work as efficiently as possible.
- To support the staff at Birley Health Centre to aspire to
deliver the best quality care in General practice, through getting the very
best out of each person within the team.
Please see the attached Job Description
Knowledge and Skills
- A Level, HND or equivalent
- Recognised professional or post-graduation qualification
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Team management including proven success at motivating and managing staff at various levels of responsibility
- Systems audit and quality management
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Computer literate
- Proven ability to manage change
- Affinity for people
- High integrity
- Flexible and adaptable
- Innovative and lateral thinker
- Sense of fairness
- Smart appearance
- Ability to undertake any necessary travel in connection with duties of the post
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Relevant Masters Degree / management qualification or equivalent
- Understanding of General Practice
- Management experience in the NHS
- Project or change management
- Financial management
- Report writing
- Demonstrable understanding of management processes within General Practice
- Common sense
- Current driving licence
- Willing to work irregular hours if necessary
- KEY EXPECTATIONS
- Bring best out in staff (either directly or through supporting a system of team leaders)
- Ensure all staff are known; personal goals, preferences, strengths and weakness.
- Giving regular attention to individual performance and well-being; encouraging, coaching, challenging sensitively and develop increasing autonomy.
- Establish what motivates individual staff and utilise this for improved performance and feeling valued.
- Attend to system of fair pay.
- Improve delegation and support staff into roles that suit both them and the organisation.
- Using personality types of staff strategically.
- Smooth running of the practice
- Ensure that the systems and process are optimised to improve efficiency and practice function, especially for most senior staff.
- Interact with other services and organisations to optimise our ability to achieve our goals.
- Improve income streams that extend and fund activity in keeping with our values.
- Help drive innovation as we navigate the increasingly challenging environment of increasing workload.
- Use organisational development and quality improvement values and tools.
- Show committed engagement to improving the patient experience.
- Leadership and meetings
- Support us establishing tangible goals we and patients care about. Use data to support driving these changes.
- Embed the organisations purpose, values and goals into systems such as appraisal, recruitment and protocols.
- Be a positive presence; support in struggles and celebrate achievements.
- Enable a safe space to unearth concerns, solution, get quieter people talking
- Build psychological safety, enable constructive conflict and encourage accountability.
- Ensure meeting actions are followed up
- We expect you to fulfil your tasks in the following ways.
- To demonstrate an ability to be aware of your impact on others
- When any personal weaknesses are discussed, rather than being defensive, being keen to accept the challenge to learn and grow. Demonstrates asking for help.
- To demonstrate high levels of professional behaviour; honest, respectful and reliable.
- Empathetic listener and nurturing
- Able be firm and fair
- Clear communicator
- Wholehearted and able to use initiative
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.