Receptionist / Telephonist
Elmwood Family Doctors
This job is now closed
Are you looking for a new challenge as a Receptionist and want to join a friendly and supportive team ? If so then we would like to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Receptionist to join our Practice Team at Elmwood Family Doctors. We have surgeries in Holmfirth and Meltham.
Main duties of the job
As a Receptionist you will provide positive and friendly service to patients and other visitors , either in person or via the telephone as well as undertaking a variety of administrative duties to assist in the effective running of the practice.
The position is a part time role : 20.5 hours per week. You will need to be flexible in terms of your daily hours.
The successful candidate needs to be enthusiastic, flexible, motivated and able to work on their own initiative to perform effectively and efficiently all duties required of the role .
Elmwood Family Doctors is a forward thinking practice operating over two sites, serving a population of 15,000 patients in the Holme valley. We are a well established training practice for GP trainees, nursing students and other health professionals. As a practice with a recent "Outstanding" CQC rating, we continue to work hard to deliver a high level of quality care to our patient population .The Partners work in close collaboration with the clinical team, practice management and administrative support team to work towards a patient centered vision for the practice.
We are committed to providing an open, friendly and supportive environment where all staff are comfortable sharing ideas and can expect to be provided with the tools and support they need to enjoy work and succeed in their role. We will provide the ongoing coaching and development you'll need to be a confident Receptionist.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations, and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Dealing with patient queries and their resolution
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing and distributing incoming mail
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Opening up/locking up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols
- Re-stocking of consulting rooms as required
Communication and Interpersonal skills
Knowledge and skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Elmwood Family Doctors
For help with your application, contact:
30 June 2021
£9.20 an hour