Advanced Clinical / Nurse Practitioner
Elmwood Family Doctors
This job is now closed
Elmwood Family Doctors is a General Practice located across two sites in Huddersfield (Holmfirth and Meltham).
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Advanced Clinical/ Nurse Practitioner to join our supportive and friendly team which consists of 11 Partners, 1 Salaried GP, 2 ANPs plus a team of Practices nurses and Health Care Assistants supported by a large administrative team.
Holmfirth and Meltham are great places to live and work with good schools. There is plenty happening in Holmfirth and Meltham with annual festivals for Jazz, Folk Music, Film, and the Arts. The villages sit amongst beautiful Pennine countryside but not far from the big cities of Leeds, Manchester & Sheffield.
Main duties of the job
Services are provided from Monday to Friday, with System One operated as the main clinical system. Successful applicants will be expected to include some extended hours in their pattern of work comparative to all members of the team.
As an Advanced Clinical / Nurse practitioner you will be confident working independently and as part of a team, carrying out clinical consultations, providing assessment, diagnosis, treatment and prescribing. To succeed in this role you will need excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
You will form part of our friendly and supportive clinical team, who will provide support where needed. Clinicians meet daily for informal discussion and peer support, and weekly for in-house CPD. You will also have your own personal mentor who will help you settle in, develop a comprehensive induction plan and provide active, long term support for your continued professional development.
In return we offer: a competitive salary, NHS pension scheme membership and full medical indemnity cover.
We are a well-established Practice, split across two sites. Our Holmfirth site is based in a modern building with excellent facilities. Our Meltham site sits in the heart of the local village community. We offer a full range of services across both sites.
We are proud to deliver a high standard of care to all patients and our staff have a role to play in this. Clinicians meet daily for informal discussion and peer support, providing opportunity to share experience and learning within the team, and weekly for in-house CPD. The successful candidate will benefit from the opportunity to further develop their knowledge and experience within this supportive environment.
We are an inclusive and friendly team. In addition to our large clinical team, we have excellent business management and administrative support in place who run the operation of the Practice and delivery of high quality services.
- Just under15,000 patients.
- Modern renovated property offering a wide range of enhanced services.
- Outstanding CQC rating.
- Paper-free with System One, high QOF points, EPS, online access for repeat prescriptions, appointment booking and medical records.
- Training practice with GP Trainees, Medical Students, Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP), Physician Associate training, HCA Apprenticeship and GPN Ready mentorship. Research Ready Practice.
- To clinically assess the patient from history taking, examination, investigation request to planning clinical care accordingly.
- To collaborate with a wide range of clinical colleagues both within the practice to outside agencies.
- To prescribe and review medication appropriate to the patients needs in accordance to evidence based practice and national guidelines.
- To work with patients in order to support medication concordance.
- To be able to prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations including the initiation of emergency medical care.
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies and self care.
- To work on-call depending on experience
- Demonstrate a sensitive communication style to ensure patients are fully informed and consent to treatment.
- Communicate effectively with patients recognising the need for alternative methods of communication to overcome different levels of understanding, cultural backgrounds and preferred methods of communicating.
- Maintain good levels of communication between practice colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Be an advocate for both the patient and for your colleagues.
- Produce accurate and clear contemporaneous records of the consultation.
- Recognise and work within own levels of competency as regulated by the NMC / GPHC / HCPC or appropriate regulatory body.
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload
- Participate in the maintenance of clinical governance within the practice including weekly practice meetings, in-house PPT and significant event audits.
- Support and participate in shared learning within the practice including mandatory training elements.
- Contribute to the development of local guidelines and standards
- Use technology and appropriate software to aid in the planning, management and implementation of care, presenting and communicating information.
- Understand responsibilities in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR. -Promote diversity and equality within the workplace and as part of patient care.
Knowlege and skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Elmwood Family Doctors
For help with your application, contact:
27 October 2021
£40,000 to £50,000 a year