This job is now closed
Could you answer the phone and help someone find the information that they need for their Covid vaccination?
Could you answer a query about a blood test result?
Are you confident with using a computer?
Are you able to multi-task and enjoy finding solutions to problems?
If you thought life as a GP's receptionist was only about answering the phone then you couldn't be further from the truth!
We are looking for someone to join our expanding team of administrative staff.
Our surgery is located close to Chichester, Bosham and within easy reach of the South Downs.
We are a growing surgery and wish to recruit people who have a good sense of humour, enjoy a challenge and will offer solutions to problems that they encounter. We enjoy working as a team and eating cakes, biscuits and chocolate in between work.
Main duties of the job
You will work in our reception answering the phones, scanning documents for the clinicians, work at the front desk, process prescriptions and complete patient registrations.
You should be well organised, willing to learn new skills and ask questions and have reasonable IT skills.
You should enjoy working with people and taking on a variety of tasks. You will be given comprehensive training as part of your induction period and there will be opportunities to work alongside experienced colleagues where necessary.
We aim to support each member of our team and treat them as individuals.
We offer the following benefits:
- Membership of the NHS Pension scheme
- 25 days leave (Pro-rata) plus Bank Holidays
- A staff well being voucher
- Tea / Coffee provided
As well as this we are located very close to Southbourne Farm shop who sell some of the best pies in Sussex!
Visits to the surgery are very welcome.
Summary Medical Receptionist
The main purpose of this post is to provide a contact for patients and to act as a focal point of communication between patients, doctors and other medical staff.
1. Greet all patients on arrival
2. Answer the telephone dealing with or redirecting enquiries, with all messages and queries being directed to doctors etc by tasks or notifications
3. Handle general enquiries referring where necessary
4. Make new and follow-up appointments
5. Accept and record messages for the Practice Nurses and District Nurses etc
6. Open and distribute post am & pm
7. Record requests for home visits stating time received and other relevant information on computer
8. Register new patients following practice policy
9. Be prepared to cover colleagues in the event of holidays and/or sickness
2. Record requests for repeat prescription, over the desk not by phone, unless previously documented as OK
3. File medical records when required and scan reports and letters on to the computer by staff rota
4. Sort paperwork and file as appropriate
5. Complete appropriate GMS3 (Temporary Services) forms when required and file until due for submission to Health Authority
6. Post mail twice a day and use franking machine for postage
7. Maintain supplies of stationery available in reception area
8. Scan and confidentially dispose of documents in line with the latest Practice Guidance
9. Contact patients/hospitals as necessary
10. Undertake printing of repeat prescriptions for Doctors signature
1. Each morning open premises, turn on computers, etc in preparation for surgeries
2. Tidy waiting room after each session
3. Each evening, leave reception area tidy and ready for incoming colleagues
4. End of day, check all rooms to make sure windows shut, equipment off
5. Set burglar alarm and lock up premises (if last person to leave)
6. Make tea/coffee with colleagues, fill/empty dishwasher
7. Undertake any other duties as agreed with the Partnership
Additional Duties to general reception post
- Receiving, allocating and tracking of external forms to staff
Special requirements for the post
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense to respond to patients enquiries and requests
- Excellent communication skills
Skills and Personal Attributes
For help with your application, contact:
12 July 2021