Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Jubilee Street Practice
This job is now closed
We are looking for a flexible and experienced Advanced Clinical Practitioner of any background (e.g. nursing, pharmacy, paramedic science, physiotherapy) etc.) to join our lovely team in a large teaching practice in East London. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in a clinic or ED setting, and be able to manage a wide range of patient presentations within general practice. The clinics will be a mixture of urgent and routine, face-to-face and telephone consultations with patients, plus home visits when required for our housebound population. You will work closely with the GPs, registrars, AHPs and nursing team to provide excellent, timely care for our diverse population.
Main duties of the job
The Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) will support the clinical team to assess, diagnose and treat patients with acute health complaints presenting to their GP surgery.
Welcome to The Jubilee Street Practice, we would love to have you on board. We are a friendly bunch who share a passion for health equality and delivering clinically excellent care to our diverse patient population of 15,000 patients. We are seeking a qualified GP to join our teaching practice, who shares our values and is looking to expand their skillset.
- At our last CQC inspection, Jubilee Street Practice was rated as Outstanding. We have embedded Quality Improvement methodology to deliver bottom-up change and real multi-disciplinary engagement.
- We are committed to working with the local community via our JSP Wellbeing Project (including exercise classes, social hubs and gardening outside the practice).
- Clinicians have their own clinical rooms assigned to see patients face-to-face, but are invited to spend the rest of the day working in our Patient Triage Centre (PTC) to take calls, do admin tasks and discuss cases with colleagues.
- We are committed to teaching medical students, nursing students, GP Trainees and other AHPs, and feel that sharing our experience with enthusiastic learners keeps us fresh and on our toes.
- We work collaboratively with the Tower Network PCN, and deliver Enhanced Services offering increased continuity of care.
- We are part of the GP Care Group federation, a Community Interest Company.
- Assess, diagnose and treat patients with acute health complaints.
- Request and interpret investigations to inform diagnosis and management.
- Exercise professional judgement with a solid and accessible evidence base.
- Refer to secondary care or other primary care teams as required.
- Work with the wider MDT to ensure all patient needs are met.
- Maintain accurate clinical records on EMIS.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their advocates, plus other health and social care professionals where needed.
- Providing teaching and shadowing opportunities to trainee ACP, medical students, GP registrars, trainee pharmacists and student nurses.
- Providing clinical support to colleagues who request help.
- Regularly evaluate and appraise own education needs.
- Promote health education to patients and get involved with practice activities for patients.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).