Admin assistant / Receptionist
Ludham and Stalham Green Surgeries
This job is now closed
We are looking for someone with great patient care and interpersonal skills to join our friendly team of administration assistants and receptionists.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will have good communication skills, polite telephone manner and great patient service. They will be responsible for booking appointments, managing documents and supporting the running of the general practice.
We are a single practice, split over two sites in Stalham and Ludham with a small, friendly team.
We pride ourselves on our patient care and work with in our communities.
Receptionists provide a point of contact for patients and as such are required to be courteous, sympathetic and professional in these dealings. The need to liaise effectively with other health professionals and colleagues is a major requirement of this post.
· To ensure efficiency of appointment system and monitor the flow of patients into consulting rooms
· Ensure that patients without appointments but who need ‘urgent consultations’ are seen in a logical manner following Practice guidelines
· Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
· Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts, if required.
· Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and visitors ensuring visitors are signed in in line with Practice procedures
· Printing off summaries
· Enter requests for home visits onto Computer including all relevant information.
· Action requests for ambulance transportation and enter details on appropriate log.
· Ensure that reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy
· Close up- at end of day ensuring all patients have left the practice and all relevant rooms are checked thoroughly for pc’s switched off, lights out and windows closed.
· Check and lock key cupboard
· Scanning all relevant documentation
· Filing notes away
· Maintaining whiteboards on daily basis
· Restock sample draw on daily basis
Management of appointment System
· Ensure total familiarity with appointment systems
· Book appointments ensuring sufficient information is recorded to retrieve medical records
· Monitor effectiveness of the system and report any problems and variations required
Operation of telephone system
· Receive and make calls as required. Accept and forward messages for other members of practice staff and partners.
· Using computer when appropriate to access and extract patient information
· Entering and updating information on the computer such as patient registration details and change of addresses.
· Keeping computer clean and reporting any defects or problems when they arise
Special requirements of the post
· An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
· An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness and common sense, to respond to patients, enquires and requests
· Excellent communication skills – courtesy and helpfulness
· Able and willing should the need arise to cover colleagues who are absent due to holiday or illness.
Holiday Cover (as and when required)
In addition to the above this may also be included
· Filing of Medical Records
· Opening and distributing mail
Any other duties relevant to the post, as agreed with the Partners.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).