Park Medical Practice
This job is now closed
An Exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Receptionist to join our hardworking team at a friendly and supportive medical practice.
This will be a part time role of 24 hours per week, ideally working the following shifts:
Tuesday 8.30-1.00 & 1.30-6.30
Thursday 8.30-1.00 & 1.30-7.00
Although training in all aspects of the role will be given the successful candidate will have experience in a public facing role, ideally in a medical setting and be able to cope with a busy working environment dealing with both telephone and face to face queries.
Main duties of the job
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception duties and the provision of general support to the multidisciplinary team.
Receptionist duties can include, but are not limited to: Front of house customer service and signposting, helping patients with queries on the phone/face to face, booking appointments primarily via the telephone and face to face, general administrative duties (e.g., scanning), specialist administrative duties (e.g., notes summarising, coding)
To act as the central point of contact for patients, the distribution of information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team, liaising with multi-disciplinary team members and external agencies such as secondary care and community service providers.
We are a friendly practice looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual to the above post.
This is a very busy practice consisting of GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Health Care Assistants serving a patient population of approx. 11,300 patients as well as hardworking Reception and Admin teams giving support to the Practice operating from two sites – our main site in Shepton Mallet and a branch surgery in Evercreech. We are also part of an active PCN with Pharmacists and First Contact Physios as well as a care co-ordinator.
- Opening and closing the premises
- Greeting and signposting patients and visitors to the surgery
- Handling a variety of queries from staff and patients
- Co-ordinating workflow including sending and receiving emails
- Using the Practice clinical system and inputting data
- Greeting patients and checking them in for their appointment
- Making face to face appointments with the appropriate clinician
- Accepting and processing repeat prescriptions and forms
- Accepting new patient and temporary patient registrations
- Photocopying documentation
- Opening and sorting incoming post
- Handling incoming and outgoing test samples
- Keeping public and staff areas tidy and keeping information on reception up to date
- Dealing with patient appointment requests and general queries
- Taking and recording requests for home visits
- Taking, recording and passing messages to appropriate team members
- Dealing with outgoing test results and relaying as appropriate, including results from hospitals and district nurses