Thurleigh Road Practice
This job is now closed
Are you someone with previous experience of managing and leading a team who is looking for a new challenge working in a friendly, caring and forwarding thinking team?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Practice located near Wandsworth Common as a full time Reception Manager.
We welcome candidates that are enthusiastic and possess a "can do" attitude, who have the drive and leadership skills to ensure we provide a first class front of house service to our patients. You must be someone who can work independently as well as part of a team and who is flexible. We offer training and development opportunities as well as a competitive salary based on experience.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be
- Responsible for the day to day management of the reception area (inc. waiting room and medical notes room/storage) and Reception team.
· Act as a role model to the reception team, supporting motivating and promoting staff relations.
· Promote the ideals and values of the Practice proactively within the Reception team and wider Practice to ensure provision of a “high quality medical care in an environment that is welcoming, accessible and supportive to both patients and staff.
Thurleigh Road Practice is a busy 7 Partner Practice with 14,500 patients based in a quiet residential area near Wandsworth Common. We are a friendly, forward thinking team that work well together in a supportive environment. As a GP Training Practice, we actively support the training and development of all our staff.
This role will involve working closely with both our multi-disciplinary clinical team (GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, HCAs, Clinical Pharmacist & Social Prescriber) as well as our administration team.
We are also part of the Nightingale PCN in Wandsworth serving approximately 35,000 patients, consisting of two forward thinking practices - Thurleigh Road and Balham Park Surgery - who have forged strong links with each other.
The successful postholder will be responsible for over-seeing and managing all aspects of the Reception and waiting room areas. This will include the following responsibilities:
· To regularly assess, evaluate and implement systems within the Reception area
· To co-ordinate reception team rotas, ensuring cover is in place at all times.
· To provide reception cover as necessary both face to face and on the phone.
· To be the first point of contact for patient complaints and concerns and to provide support to the team in dealing with challenging patients.
· To co-ordinate staff to ensure all tasks are completed on a daily basis to include, but not limited to, all workflows and face-to-face queries.
· To ensure the morning and evening staff checklists and set practice protocols are adhered to by the staff.
· To ensure the reception handbook is always up-to-date and adhered to by all staff.
· To ensure that staff work within confidentiality guidelines, paying particular attention to the Data Protect Act, Caldicott Principles, and the NHS Code of Practice.
· To work independently and part of the team and with confidence.
· To respond and prioritise immediate requests from patients, clinical staff and other outside agencies. In particular to liaise closely with the Medical Assistant team.
· To develop, implement and embed efficient reception processes and procedures to adhere to extant legislation. Ensure the reception team are up to date with any new guidelines or protocols.
· To attend Clinical Meetings and organise and chair regular Reception meetings.
· To co-ordinate new staff induction/training and ensure completed in accordance with the practice policy.
· To act as a role model to reception staff, supporting, motivating and promoting good staff relations.
· To ensure the reception team have a clear understanding of work objectives and work with commitment. To provide the team with regular feedback on their performance levels.
· To undertake annual appraisals for the reception staff with the Practice Manager
· To address any poor performance with staff member concerned and liaise with the Practice Manager to plan remedial actions.
· Ensure staff complete all necessary mandatory training as well as organising other training needs.
· Monitor and highlight workforce planning issues, liaising with Practice Manager concerning staffing and organisation of work, suggest improvement where appropriate.
· Conduct return to work interviews with staff returning from sickness absence in timely manner, document the meeting and record in staff member’s individual file. Ensure correct reporting procedures are followed by staff.
· Undertake auditing of reception work, highlight issues and look for solutions.
See attached job description for a full list of responsibilities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.