Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Woodseats Medical Centre
This job is now closed
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Advance Clinical Practitioner to join our team at Woodseats Medical Centre. The practice is currently looking for an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic ACP to join our friendly and professional clinical team. We are looking for someone who will share our commitment to providing excellent healthcare to our patients.
The Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) will practise autonomously within their professional scope of practice providing care for patients face to face, telephone consultations and home visits.
The post holder will operate within their own sphere of competence and agreed acceptable limits of practice to provide expert professional clinical advice to patients, carers and colleagues, ensuring clinical safety and excellence.
The Advanced Clinical Practitioner will need to prioritise and triage the needs of patients accordingly, making any necessary referrals for investigations in the appropriate manner.
The post holder will use skills, knowledge and competencies as a qualified Advanced Clinical Practitioner in order to be responsible and accountable for managing patient caseloads for treatments, referral, admission and discharging patients as appropriate.
Main duties of the job
Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis of on the day presentations.
May feature home visiting for acute on the day illnesses.
Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent situations, including initiation of effective same day care whilst opportunistically supporting patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care.
- Care Management
- Health Improvement
- Administration and professional responsibilities
- Training and personal development
- Health & Safety
- Equality & Diversity
- Contribution to the implementation of services
We are a Six GP Partner Practice with a practice population over 11,500 patients and this is increasing.
We have a well established and settled Nursing Team comprising of 4 Practice Nurses, 4 Healthcare Assistants, and a Trainee Nurse Associate.
We are a high achieving QOF Practice with an emphasis on providing individual personalised tailored care to our patients many of whom we have looked after since childhood. We strive to offer the best care available to our patient population meeting our vision of:
"Always striving to provide the highest quality of health care and support to our local community"
"Each and every patient matters"
17 March 2023
Depending on experience
The Roddick Building
900 Chesterfield Road
Carry out clinical practice at an advanced level using expert clinical skills, critical judgements & knowledge to deliver appropriate and safe care.
Deliver care in line with evidence based practice, including local and national guidelines.
Triage and treat patients.
Coordinate the planning and delivery of care.
Communicate confidential and sensitive information to patients, relatives and carers in relation to their condition.
Support as required with health screening programmes and ensure other team members are aware of health priorities, screening objectives and programmes.
Administration and professional responsibilities
Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of patient consultation, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
Training and personal development
Maintain up to date skills and knowledge, maintaining awareness of professional issues at an advanced level.
Leadership personal and people development
Act as a clinical leader in the delivery of clinical services ensuring that the needs of the patient are a priority.
In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust practice staff with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters.
Comply with Legislation with regards to data protection act and ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Health & Safety
Identifying, reporting, and correcting health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised.
Equality and Diversity
Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation.
Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk.
Communicate effectively with other team members, patients and carers.
Contribution to the implementation of services
Apply practice policies, standards and guidance.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- - Able to analyse and interpret prescribing data
- - Able to manage acute illnesses, long term conditions and minor ailments
- - Refer patients independently as appropriate
- - Interprets a range of diagnostic tests and routine clinical procedures
- - Excellent understanding of data protection and confidentiality issues
- - Able to think analytically; anticipating obstacles and thinking ahead; using analytical techniques to come up with solutions
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with team members, patients, carers, and other healthcare professionals whilst recognising peoples needs for alternative methods of communication
- - Has attention to detail, able to work accurately, identifying errors quickly and easily
- - Satisfactory DBS Check
- - Autonomous practitioner who can work independently and in partnership with other healthcare professionals
- - High level of clinical skills and competency relevant to the role
- - Works effectively independently and as a member of a team
- - Flexible approach to meet service needs and ensure a stakeholder focused response
- - Registered Nurse/Pharmacist/Paramedic with current NMC/GPhC/HCPC registration
- - First degree in relevant area
- - Independent Prescriber V300
- - MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- - UK Driving Licence
- - Evidence of CPD
- - Minimum of 2 years experience post-registration experience of working in primary / community / acute health care setting
- - Understanding and experience of inter-agency working across health groups and networks
- - Has provided effective health education and health promotion to patients presenting with a range of health needs
- - Has a planned and organised approach with an ability to prioritise their own workload to meet strict deadlines
- - Previous Primary Care/General Practice/GPOOH experience
- - Experience of Clinical Governance and risk assessment
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Woodseats Medical Centre
The Roddick Building
900 Chesterfield Road
https://www.woodseatsmedicalcentre.nhs.uk/index.aspx (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Clinical Practice Manager
Maria Hadley - Howell
Woodseats Medical Centre's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)