Peel park surgery
This job is now closed
- Medical receptionist in a busy inner city practice.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Pulling/filing notes for surgeries and updating as necessary
- Filing post in medical records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
Main duties of the job
- Answering the telephone and conveying messages
- Accepting requests for repeat prescriptions, checking the fax and prescription box for repeat prescription requests
- Sorting the mail
- Filing hospital letters and any other relevant documents in patients' notes and refiling notes after use
- Receiving patients, consulting with members of practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Process appointment requests for today/future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with visits/requests
- Registrations of new patients computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients changes of address computer data and medical records (have
- knowledge of practice area)
- Process repeat prescription requests in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Downloading of letters NHS mail.
- Referrals, E referrals , word referrals.
- GP/Patient queries.
- Read coding
- Have working knowledge of telephone manners , hold a excellent telephone manner.
- Be aware of patient confidentiality at all times.
Peel Park Surgery is an inner city Practice set in the middle of the city of Bradford. The practice serves over 3000 patients and is housed in a health centre premises with all the usual facilities for contemporary General Practice, including wheelchair access and disabled parking.
There is a comprehensive Primary Health Care Team and also many other added facilities under NHS.
The Practice offers a full general practice service and run specialist clinics for children and pregnant women, diabetes and asthma, Family planning clinics, Travel vaccinations, Childhood immunisations, Smoking cessation, Elderly health checks, Cervical cytology and Health services.
The practice is a local provider for Minor surgery/joint injections, ECG, 24hour BP, Spirometry, diabetes management and in house social prescribers and care co-ordinators.
The Practice operates under a Personal Medical Services contract with NHS England.
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.