Patient Services Manager
Ringmead Medical Practice
This job is now closed
We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and proactive individual to join our busy and supportive practice in Berkshire to manage our Patient Services Team.
If you are forward-thinking, highly organised and capable, with previous management experience and have strong IT skills (MS office/learning new systems etc) you could be just the person we are looking for.
Strong customer service skills are also required with the ability to adapt these to a busy NHS setting. Previous experience of working in General Practice would be an advantage.
The hours of work would be 37.5 over five days. We are open 0800 - 1830 Monday to Friday and hours may vary in accordance with the needs of the practice.
Main duties of the job
You will be a member of the Senior Management Team responsible for the efficient management and direction of the Patient Services (reception) team, ensuring all reception functions are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and time-scales, reporting to the Practice Manager as necessary. Additionally, to support the Practice Manager or other specified staff with specific administrative, financial or quality related tasks.
Please see attached JD
These are challenging times and you will be a key member of the Senior Management Team supporting the Practice Manager and Partners as we steer the practice through the next steps in primary care, whilst keeping our staff and patients safe
You will be responsible for the Patient Services (Reception) Team who work across the three sites in Bracknell and Crowthorne. You will act as a role model to the team; supporting, motivating and promoting good staff relations.
Please see attached JD
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Patient Services (reception) team whilst remaining a focused and functional member of the team
- Undertake regular line management supervision, mid and end of year appraisal reviews with staff
- Monitor staff performance against core competences and specific goals using KPIs
- Provide support and additional training / mentoring services to staff who are under-performing / less confident in role
- To assist with recruitment of new reception/admin staff as required.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels, approving annual and other leave in line with agreed policy.
- Produce reception staff monthly and BASE rota in a timely manner
- If needed, provide hands on support to all reception staff and carry out any duties of a Patient Services Advisor
- To act as a role model, demonstrating and promoting the standards expected by the practice and creating the energy and enthusiasm for the service.
- Ensure all practice protocols and standard operating procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Deal with more complex enquiries from patients
- With support from the Practice Manager, act as Practice Non-Clinical Complaints Officer and support GP Partner Lead for Complaints with clinical complaints.
- Continually assess and evaluate systems, recommending changes and improvements to the Practice Manager as appropriate.
- Liaison with Phone provider to ensure calls are monitored, audited, set up reviewed and two way feedback/trouble shooting continues.
- Attend and contribute to the regular team leader meetings with the Practice Manager and Partners.
- Lead on customer service for the practice including updating website with patient notifications.
- Act as First Point of Contact for clinical staff re workload issues, errors, documentation processing or other admin functions
- Along with the reception supervisors, monitor and co-ordinate workload of the team, organising and distributing duties as required to maximise the efficiency of the team
- To provide cover and assist with as-required reception rota changes and updates
- Induction and training of all new staff within the Patient Services Team to agreed standards
- In conjunction with the Practice Manager, Identify and deliver team training where required
- Act as building fire marshall, ensuring evacuation lists are current and that the visitors log is used appropriately
- Monitor and promote the use of the Friends and Family Test
- Attend as practice representative when required to the regular Patient Participation Group Meetings
- The role will require you to demonstrate leadership and management skills as at times you may be the only member of the Senior Management Team on site
Knowledge and skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Ringmead Medical Practice
20 May 2021
£28,275 to £35,100 a year
Full-time, Flexible working