Lakeside Healthcare Group
This job is now closed
Lakeside Healthcare has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, confident Pharmacy Technician to join a pioneering central Pharmacy team to support our hardworking practice teams. If you share our values, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer you (Benefits)
· Remote/ hybrid working options
· Generous holidays (additional long service entitlements)
· NHS pension and continuous service entitlements
· NHS Discounts (Blue light card)
· Development opportunities
· Great team support
Lakeside Healthcare is proud to be a Living Wage employer
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work within their clinical competence as part of a pharmacy team to provide expertise in clinical medicines management.
The post holder will perform medication reconciliation from clinic and discharge letters and level 1 medication reviews of patients.
The post holder will provide quality improvement and clinical audit and manage some aspects of the Quality and Outcomes Framework. This role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies so requires motivation and passion to deliver an excellent service within general practice.
· Professional registration as a Pharmacist Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council
· Evidence of CPD
· Pharmacist Technician BTEC/ NVQ 3 in pharmaceutical sciences (or equivalent)
· Experience of working as a Pharmacy Technician in community/ hospital or CCG
If you do not have the required experience and/or qualifications, we still encourage you to apply as we are keen to support you with training and education to develop your role.
Attitude and approach are just as important. We are looking an individual confident in working autonomously and delivering targets. You should be dedicated and compassionate with excellent communication and time management skills and have a thirst and enthusiasm to make a difference in primary care.
LAKESIDE HEALTHCARE is changing the face of primary care provision in England. We are bold, adventurous and ambitious and determined to thrive in uncertain times. We are the largest ‘true’ partnership in the NHS and operate from various sites across the East Midlands. We serve the healthcare needs of over 170,000 patients across Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire. Joining our team presents an opportunity to be part of a large organisation that is changing the way primary care is delivered today.
Living and breathing our values at Lakeside Healthcare
Caring & Respect: Simply put we genuinely care about people: working together for our patients and our teams, our patients come first in everything we do. We strive to ensure we connect and respond to all needs with compassion, care and respect to improve the lives and wellbeing of the communities we serve.
Teamwork & Quality: In all areas of our business we network, collaborate and learn from our Patients, Stakeholders and each another to ensure we are always striving to improve, making the right and best decisions to provide the best service.
13 June 2022
£28,000 a year Up to
Full-time, Flexible working
Lakeside Healthcare, Unit 1 Exchange Court
The role of pharmacy within General Practice is part of an exciting programme of transformation which is underpinned by the NHS Long Term Plan.
This is an innovative role to work within the Lakeside Healthcare Pharmacy team to ensure safe and effective use of medicines for patients within Lakeside Healthcare.
As a starting point the role will initially focus on medicines reconciliation from clinic and discharge letters, and will develop further as the role of the Pharmacy team expands within the organisation. It is vital that effective systems and procedures are in place to ensure that this process is effective, safe and efficient. The right candidate will be involved in day to day management of this with regular and thorough reviews of all medications. The process also ensures that patients receive the appropriate monitoring necessary for the medication they are prescribed.
DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Job Responsibilities/Principal Duties to include:
• Medicines reconciliation from clinic and discharge letters
• Take a central role in the clinical aspects of shared care protocols
• Level 1 medication reviews to include:
o Identifying patients on repeat medication who have not had a medication review
o Check medical notes to assess if any monitoring is required and arrange as appropriate
o Update medication as appropriate following defined protocols
o Remove any old or unnecessary medication from repeat
o Update quantities to provide appropriate supply each month
o Review dosage instructions to ensure concise and clear instructions
• Ensure prescribing is in-line with the Lakeside Drug Formulary whilst taking consideration of CCG prescribing guidance.
• Support Clinical Pharmacists with general prescription requests and medication queries to allow them to review the more clinically complex requests.
• Liaise with the pharmacist if there are any concerns regarding patient medication regimens
• Promote and support the implementation of electronic repeat dispensing
• Conduct searches for audits and high-risk drug monitoring using clinical systems.
• Participate in practice meetings, and other meetings to improve engagement of the role of pharmacy technician within the Lakeside Pharmacy model and to promote issues relevant to prescribing.
• Undertake training and development, to ensure the required knowledge and skills for practice-based work.
• Support initiatives for antimicrobial stewardship to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing.
• Assist in the delivery of medicines optimisation incentive schemes and audits relating to MHRA alerts, drug monitoring and other patient safety initiatives.
• Develop relationships with other pharmacy technicians, pharmacists and members of the multi-disciplinary team to support integration of the pharmacy team across health and social care including primary care, community pharmacy, secondary care, and mental health.
Training and personal development:
You will participate in any training and development programmes implemented by Lakeside Healthcare. This could include:
• Participation in individual performance reviews, including maintaining a record of your own personal and professional development.
• Working with the Senior Pharmacist and the Management team to assess own learning needs and undertaken any training as appropriate.
• Make effective use of learning opportunities inside and outside the workplace, and provide relevant feedback where appropriate.
• Disseminate learning and information gained to other team members in order to share good practice and inform others about current and future developments.
• Undertake mandatory and statutory training as required.
- BTEC/NVQ level 3 or equivalent in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Professional Registration with the GPhC.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Experience of working as a Pharmacy Technician in community pharmacy.
- Experience of working as a Pharmacy Technician in either a CCG or hospital pharmacy
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Lakeside Healthcare Group
Lakeside Healthcare, Unit 1 Exchange Court
https://www.lakesidehealthcaregroup.co.uk (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Lakeside Healthcare Group's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)