Lakeside Healthcare Group
The closing date is 22 May 2022
Lakeside Healthcare The New Queen Street and Stanground Surgeries has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, patient focussed GP to join our friendly, hardworking team. If you share our values of Caring, Teamwork, Respect and Quality we would love to hear from you.
This role would suit either newly qualified or experienced GP’s.
For further information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Paul Crosbie, Hub Manager on email@example.com
What we offer;
- Salary £85,000 - £95,000 FTE, based on 9 sessions (8 clinical and 1 CPD) per week
- NHS Pension, 30 days annual leave plus 10 statutory holidays per-annum pro-rated
- Option to progress to Partnership
- £5,000 signing on bonus (FTE) or Tier 2 visa/sponsorship costs paid
- Flexible working hours
- Mentoring and support available for newly qualified GPs
Main duties of the job
The salaried GP will be responsible for delivering the full range of primary care services as part of the practice ensuring the highest standards of care for the differing needs of our patient population.
The salaried GP will work closely with the practice’s multi-disciplinary team of other GPs, nurses and non-clinical staff to provide a high quality and accessible service to patients. Please see the job description attached for more information.
We are a GP partnership, just at a larger scale. This scale allows us to be locally led by our local GP partners whilst providing the safety and security of central support again, led by GPs.
We are a stable partnership with a diverse clinical and administrative team delivering quality primary care services to our almost 20k patients. With our strong team ethos, we take a collaborative approach to service design and delivery believing that our team have the best solutions and ideas of how primary care is delivered.
Here is what you can expect working at Lakeside Healthcare The New Queen Street and Stanground Surgeries;
- Friendly team of 6 Partners and 2 Salaried GPs, meaning support is always available
- Team of 15 nurses supporting and delivering minor illness, mental health, chronic disease and treatment room services
- Long established training practice, providing opportunities for career development
- Established pharmacist team supporting medication reviews, chronic disease and clinical correspondence
- Large multi-disciplinary team including Social Prescribers Link Workers and Safeguarding specialists
- Sector leading digital consultation platform Doctrin, consult with patients through a chat, video or media platform, allowing for a more efficient way of providing care for our patients.
The salaried GP will be responsible for delivering the full range of primary care services as part of the
practice ensuring the highest standards of care for the differing needs of our patient population.
The salaried GP will work closely with the practices multi-disciplinary team of other GPs, nurses and nonclinical staff to provide a high quality and accessible service to patients
- In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available toundertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries,visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries,paperwork, referrals and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referredor referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- In consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols,developing care plans for health.
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers asappropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
- Collecting data for audit purposes.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-writtenprescriptions whenever possible. EPS is now implemented at the Practice)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this isclinically appropriate.
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilitiesassociated with a GP working within primary care.
- Complete care plans required for local enhanced services.
- Participate in Enhanced Services work required within the practice.
Training and Education
- Prepare for and complete the annual external appraisal process.
- Prepare for and complete the revalidation process.
- Undertake training that meets personal, mandatory and practice learning needs including recording oflearning, reflection, complaints, information governance etc.
- Participate in and contribute to learning activities such as significant event reviews, clinical audit,protected learning time, video analysis of consultations.
- Contribute to delivering teaching for doctors in training in the practice and other health professionals intraining.
Other responsibilities with the Practice:
- Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing,confidentiality, data protection, health and safety.
- A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice.
- Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation.
- Contributing to the development of computer-based patient records.
- Contributing to the summarising of patient records and accurate Read-Coding of patient data.
- Attending training and events organised by the practice or other agencies, where appropriate.
Please note: As a CQC regulated provider of healthcare, from 1 April 2022 we will be required to ensure that all of our workforce have had both first and second COVID-19 vaccinations (unless you can provide an exemption status certificate or similar). Therefore, if successful at interview, you will be asked to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to commencing with us.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Lakeside Healthcare Group
For questions about the job, contact:
22 April 2022
£85,000 to £95,000 a year