Lakeside Healthcare Group
This job is now closed
We are looking for a Pharmacy Technician to join our developing multidisciplinary team across Northamptonshire. We have established excellent collaboration in delivering pharmacy provision to our patients.
Our current team is led by an excellent senior clinical pharmacist, and is complemented by 5 further clinical pharmacists and 5 pharmacy technicians. This role is and additional role supporting the natural growth of this area of our surgery.
What we offer you (Benefits)
· Generous holidays (additional long service entitlements)
· NHS pension and long service recognition
· NHS Discounts (Blue Light Card)
· Career opportunities
· Role specific training and ongoing development
· Great team environment
Lakeside Healthcare is proud to be a Living Wage employer
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a registered Pharmacy Technician to undertake workstreams such as:
- Level 1 Medication Reviews
- Medicine Reconciliation from clinic and discharge letters
- Supporting the Clinical Pharmacists with general prescription requests
- Medicines Reconciliation
- High-risk drug monitoring and auditing
The ideal candidate will be flexible, friendly and enjoy working as part of a busy team.
LAKESIDE HEALTHCARE is changing the face of primary care provision in England. We are bold, adventurous and ambitious and determined to thrive in uncertain times. We are the largest ‘true’ partnership in the NHS and operate from various sites across the East Midlands. We serve the healthcare needs of over 170,000 patients across Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire.
Caring & Respect: Simply put we genuinely care about people: working together for our patients and our teams, our patients come first in everything we do.
Teamwork & Quality: In all areas of our business we network, collaborate and learn from our Patients, Stakeholders and each another to ensure we are always striving to improve, making the right and best decisions to provide the best service.
About the Practice
Lakeside Healthcare Oundle services c10,000 patients and is rated Good by CQC. We have a strong team ethos and believe that including those delivering the service in decisions around how the service works are key to the best patient outcomes so actively engage with all parts of the surgery to achieve this.
We have created a supportive environment through clinical supervision, team and quality meetings and an open and honest working relationship across our team.
We continue to invest in the training and development of our nursing team and recognise the importance of personal as well as organisational development.
The role of pharmacy within General Practice is part of an exciting programme of transformation which is underpinned by the NHS Long Term Plan.
This is an innovative role to work within the Lakeside Healthcare Pharmacy team to ensure safe and effective use of medicines for patients within Lakeside Healthcare.
As a starting point the role will initially focus on medicines reconciliation from clinic and discharge letters, and will develop further as the role of the Pharmacy team expands within the organisation. It is vital that effective systems and procedures are in place to ensure that this process is effective, safe and efficient. The right candidate will be involved in day to day management of this with regular and thorough reviews of all medications. The process also ensures that patients receive the appropriate monitoring necessary for the medication they are prescribed.
Duties & Areas of Responsibility
Job Responsibilities/Principal Duties to include:
• Medicines reconciliation from clinic and discharge letters
• Take a central role in the clinical aspects of shared care protocols
• Level 1 medication reviews to include:
o Identifying patients on repeat medication who have not had a medication review
o Check medical notes to assess if any monitoring is required and arrange as appropriate
o Update medication as appropriate following defined protocols
o Remove any old or unnecessary medication from repeat
o Update quantities to provide appropriate supply each month
o Review dosage instructions to ensure concise and clear instructions
• Ensure prescribing is in-line with the Lakeside Drug Formulary whilst taking consideration of CCG prescribing guidance.
• Support Clinical Pharmacists with general prescription requests and medication queries to allow them to review the more clinically complex requests.
• Liaise with the pharmacist if there are any concerns regarding patient medication regimens
• Promote and support the implementation of electronic repeat dispensing
• Conduct searches for audits and high-risk drug monitoring using clinical systems.
• Participate in practice meetings, and other meetings to improve engagement of the role of pharmacy technician within the Lakeside Pharmacy model and to promote issues relevant to prescribing.
• Undertake training and development, to ensure the required knowledge and skills for practice-based work.
• Support initiatives for antimicrobial stewardship to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing.
• Assist in the delivery of medicines optimisation incentive schemes and audits relating to MHRA alerts, drug monitoring and other patient safety initiatives.
• Develop relationships with other pharmacy technicians, pharmacists and members of the multi-disciplinary team to support integration of the pharmacy team across health and social care including primary care, community pharmacy, secondary care, and mental health.
Training and personal development:
You will participate in any training and development programmes implemented by Lakeside Healthcare. This could include:
• Participation in individual performance reviews, including maintaining a record of your own personal and professional development.
• Working with the Senior Pharmacist and the Management team to assess own learning needs and undertaken any training as appropriate.
• Make effective use of learning opportunities inside and outside the workplace, and provide relevant feedback where appropriate.
• Disseminate learning and information gained to other team members in order to share good practice and inform others about current and future developments.
• Undertake mandatory and statutory training as required.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).