Lakeside Healthcare Group
This job is now closed
- Are you looking for a change of career in a forward-thinking GP practice?
- Are you enthusiastic with a positive attitude?
- Do you have excellent customer service skills and thrive in a demanding environment?
If you answered yes to these questions then we really want to hear from you!
What we offer you (Benefits)
· Generous holidays (additional long service entitlements)
· NHS pension and continuous service entitlements
· NHS Discounts (Blue light card)
· Development opportunities
· Great team environment
· Lakeside Healthcare is proud to be a Living Wage employer
Main duties of the job
- To ensure the provision of quick, efficient and accurate dispensing of medicine to the patients of Lakeside Healthcare Stamford
- To ensure that all medicines and appliances dispensed are checked against the prescription
- To ensure that all monies received or handled on behalf of the practice are appropriately stored and banked, and a record kept of all financial transactions.
- To collect all due prescription charges and ensure that the patient declaration on the reverse of the FP10 is duly filled in and signed by the patient.
- To endorse all prescription forms as appropriate, collate and forward the forms in a secure manner to the NHS Prescription Services for processing and reimbursement
- To handle stock levels and ensure all drugs are stored in an appropriate manner
- To deputise for the Dispensing Team Leader and contribute to joint project and development work across the Dispensing sites within Lakeside as directed by the Dispensing Lead.
We are looking for somebody with;
· A confident telephone manner
· Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
· The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Great IT skills
LAKESIDE HEALTHCARE is changing the face of primary care provision in England. We are bold, adventurous and ambitious and determined to thrive in uncertain times. We are the largest ‘true’ partnership in the NHS and operate from various sites across the East Midlands. We serve the healthcare needs of over 170,000 patients across Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire. Joining our team presents an opportunity to be part of a large organisation that is changing the way primary care is delivered today.
About the Practice/Department/Team
Lakeside Healthcare Group Stamford is a forward thinking, progressive organisation offering primary care services to the people of Stamford and surrounding villages. We are a large practice with a population of over 31,000 patients. We are a great team and welcome the challenges that a busy practice brings.
To ensure the provision of quick, efficient and accurate dispensing of medication to the patients of Lakeside Healthcare Stamford.
• To ensure that all medicines and appliances dispensed are checked against the prescription and whenever there is doubt about the appropriateness of the item, or about the dose or labelling instructions to check with the Pharmacist, authorising doctor or duty doctor.
• To collect all due prescription charges and ensure that the patient declaration on the reverse of the FP10 is duly filled in and signed by the patient.
• To ensure that all monies received or handled on behalf of the practice are appropriately stored and banked, and a record kept of all financial transactions.
• To promptly forward all invoices and dispensary related correspondence to the practice manager or dispensary manager according to practice policy.
• To operate efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the practice, with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage through out of date stock.
• To ensure that drugs are stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the accompanying instructions.
• To ensure that shelves and all work surfaces are regularly cleaned to maintain a high level of hygiene within the dispensary and that all dispensary equipment is kept clean and is in good working order.
• To take prompt action in response to any drug alert bulletins that may be received from time to time.
• To ensure that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and to maintain a temperature control record/logbook.
• To maintain full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions, incorporating the use of computers when available and appropriate.
• To undertake any necessary work as may be required and appropriate to maintain a high standard and efficient dispensing service.
• To undertake any necessary training as required, including Bluestream Academy.
• To ensure that all processes are followed as per the Standard Operating Procedures
Purchasing and stock control
• Daily ordering of stock
• Weekly checking of DDA stock and ordering as necessary
• Ensuring goods are correctly delivered
• Checking dispensary invoices against delivery notes
• Passing such invoices for payment
• Maintain adequate stocks, ensuring timely stock rotation
• Annual stock takes in dispensary and CD cupboard.
• List and price stock
• Box and price out of date stock
Prescriptions and prescription moneys
• Check prescriptions for signature/endorsements and sort into paid/unpaid by doctor
• Cashing up prescription moneys, balancing and recording
• Submitting prescription moneys to the finance for banking, ensuring sufficient change is available
Destruction of drugs
• Daily: dealing with returned medication from patients
• Weekly: dealing with uncollected medication
• Monthly: dealing with returned controlled drugs from patients for destruction
• Quarterly: dealing with out of date controlled drugs with the appropriate officer from the Health Authority for destruction
• Overseeing/checking colleagues dispensing
• Taking prescription repeats via the telephone or over the counter
• Dispensing acute prescriptions
• Generating monthly repeat prescriptions for the practice, liaising with the relevant partners over any necessary changes in medication
• Collecting prescription charges from patients
• Dispensing private patients’ prescriptions, pricing and completing paperwork for finance
• Removing out of date repeats from patients’ computerised repeat prescription lists
• Preparing Nomad packs / MDS packs
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and will be reviewed periodically in conjunction with the post holder. The post holder is required to carry out any duties that may reasonably be requested by the partners or the practice manager. Some of the above duties may be delegated.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Lakeside Healthcare Group
For questions about the job, contact:
03 May 2022
£10.05 an hour