Lakeside Healthcare Group
This job is now closed
Working in a GP surgery has its challenges but equally returns job satisfaction and working within a great team. It’s a busy environment and patients can be demanding; this is where your clear head and great customer service skills come to the fore. Our practice is busy and really friendly and we dispense medications to almost 25% of our total patient population.
We are now looking to recruit a talented qualified Dispenser with excellent customer service skills with a passion for providing excellent customer service in our busy team working in our successful exciting GP Practice. Our dispensers are friendly, polite, approachable and knowledgeable and aim to provide a first-class service first time!
Building relationships with your customers is key and you’ll play an important part in meeting their unique healthcare needs. You will ensure the safe, efficient and effective delivery of medication to patients on a day to day basis, while prioritising the dispensary workload effectively. We are looking for someone with exceptional communication & interpersonal skills; be motivated, flexible, adaptable and able to work well in a busy environment.
We have two vacancies, one for 15 hours and one for 20 hours per week.
Main duties of the job
· Ensure the safe, efficient, and effective delivery of medication to patients on a daily basis, while prioritising the dispensary workload effectively.
· Ensure that all medicines and appliances dispensed are checked against the prescription.
· Ensure that all monies received or handled on behalf of the practice are appropriately stored and banked, and a record kept of all financial transactions.
· Collect all due prescription charges and ensure that the patient declaration on the reverse of the FP10 is duly filled in and signed by the patient.
· Endorse all prescription forms as appropriate, collate and forward the forms in a secure manner to the NHS Prescription Services for processing and reimbursement
· Handle stock levels and ensure all drugs are stored in an appropriate manner.
Contribute to joint projects and development work across the Dispensing sites within Lakeside as directed by the Dispensing Lead.
LAKESIDE HEALTHCARE is changing the face of primary care provision in England. We are bold, adventurous and ambitious and determined to thrive in uncertain times. We are the largest ‘true’ partnership in the NHS and operate from various sites across the East Midlands. We serve the healthcare needs of over 170,000 patients across Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire.
Caring & Respect: Simply put we genuinely care about people: working together for our patients and our teams, our patients come first in everything we do.
Teamwork & Quality: In all areas of our business we network, collaborate and learn from our Patients, Stakeholders and each another to ensure we are always striving to improve, making the right and best decisions to provide the best service.
About the Practice
Here at the Hereward Practice we aim to provide the best care and service to our patients in a busy department dealing directly with the public. This includes dispensing acute and repeat prescriptions & providing advice on medication and self-care.
We look after 12,000 patients at the practice so this is a very fast paced working environment and this makes it an exciting and rewarding place to work.
- To ensure that all medicines and appliances dispensed are checked against the prescription and whenever there is doubt about the appropriateness of the item, or about the dose or labelling instructions to check with the authorising doctor or duty doctor.
- To collect all due prescription charges and ensure that the patient declaration on the reverse of the FP10 is duly filled in and signed by the patient.
- To ensure that all monies received or handled on behalf of the practice are appropriately stored and banked and a record kept of all financial transactions.
- To endorse all prescription forms as appropriate, collate and forward the forms in a secure manner to the PPA for processing and reimbursement. The forms should be bundled in accordance with current PPA guidelines and include any necessary accompanying paperwork such as the FP34D and invoices as required by the PPA.
- To promptly forward all invoices and dispensary related correspondence to the practice manager or dispensary manager according to practice policy.
- To notify the authorising doctor of any FP10 returns/feedback from the PPA so that any appropriate remedial action may be taken.
- To operate efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the practice with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage through out of date stock.
- To ensure that drugs are stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the accompanying instructions.
- To ensure that shelves and all work surfaces are regularly cleaned to maintain a high level of hygiene within the dispensary and that all dispensary equipment is kept clean and kept in good working order.
- To take prompt action in response to any drug alert bulletins that may be received.
- To ensure that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and to maintain a temperature control record/logbook.
- To maintain full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions incorporating the use of computers as appropriate.
- To undertake any necessary work as requested, required and as appropriate to maintain a high standard and efficient dispensing service.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.