Lakeside Healthcare Group
The closing date is 03 October 2021
Looking to join a growing, dynamic and supportive team?
A talented and motivated GP, who will help our team deliver high quality primary healthcare to our loyal patients?
Looking for a new challenge where you are integral in the decision making of the practice and patient care?
Supportive in mentoring team members to achieve their personal aspirations?
If this sounds like you, we really want to hear from you!
We are always looking for talented individuals in all areas of primary care and central services so if you are not happy for us to retain your details for other opportunities please let us know.
Main duties of the job
The salaried GP will be responsible for delivering the full range of primary care services as part of the practice ensuring the highest standards of care for the differing needs of our patient population.
You will work closely with the practices multi-disciplinary team of other GPs, nurses and nonclinical staff to provide a high quality and accessible service to patients.
- We require you to be eligible to practice in the UK (we can support visas if required)
- Knowledge of using SystmOne before
- Clean driving licence and use of vehicle for patient visits (not provided)
LAKESIDE HEALTHCARE is the largest true partnership in the NHS and operate from various sites across the East Midlands. We serve the healthcare needs of over 170,000 patients across three counties: Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire. Joining our team presents an opportunity to be part of a large organisation that is changing the way primary care is delivered today.
This is a really exciting and rewarding time to be joining us at our New Queen Street Surgery and our sister practice, Stanground Surgery. We are a busy practice with a hard-working, friendly team all working towards a shared goal of delivering excellent services and care to our patients.
The current clinical team consists of 6 partners, 2 Salaried GPs, a highly trained Nursing team consisting of Advance Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Care Practitioner, specialist Nurses, Practice Nurses, HCAs, Clinical Pharmacists and a Personalised Care Team all supported by a highly efficient Medicines Management, Secretarial and Administration team.
We are building our reputation, rated good by the CQC and continually evolving and improving
We are a forward-thinking innovative practice
We strive for the best outcomes for our patients
We promote development opportunities to build a talent pipeline for the future
We have a supportive and cohesive team with excellent reception and administration services
The salaried GP will be responsible for delivering the full range of primary care services as part of the
practice ensuring the highest standards of care for the differing needs of our patient population.
The salaried GP will work closely with the practices multi-disciplinary team of other GPs, nurses and nonclinical staff to provide a high quality and accessible service to patients
- In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available toundertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries,visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries,paperwork, referrals and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referredor referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- In consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols,developing care plans for health.
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers asappropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
- Collecting data for audit purposes.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-writtenprescriptions whenever possible. EPS is now implemented at the Practice)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this isclinically appropriate.
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilitiesassociated with a GP working within primary care.
- Complete care plans required for local enhanced services.
- Participate in Enhanced Services work required within the practice.
Training and Education
- Prepare for and complete the annual external appraisal process.
- Prepare for and complete the revalidation process.
- Undertake training that meets personal, mandatory and practice learning needs including recording oflearning, reflection, complaints, information governance etc.
- Participate in and contribute to learning activities such as significant event reviews, clinical audit,protected learning time, video analysis of consultations.
- Contribute to delivering teaching for doctors in training in the practice and other health professionals intraining.
Other responsibilities with the Practice:
- Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing,confidentiality, data protection, health and safety.
- A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice.
- Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation.
- Contributing to the development of computer-based patient records.
- Contributing to the summarising of patient records and accurate Read-Coding of patient data.
- Attending training and events organised by the practice or other agencies, where appropriate.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Lakeside Healthcare Group
For help with your application, contact:
14 September 2021
£85,000 a year Pro-rata if part time