Patient Services - Receptionist
Lakeside Healthcare Group
This job is now closed
Working as a receptionist at Lakeside is unlike any other reception role. This is because we genuinely care about each and every one of our patients wellbeing and we make sure we take the time to really listen.
Our Reception team is just that- A TEAM we work and support one another each and every day; to get the job done and to the very best of our ability. We know that it can be a tough day handling patient calls and queries but we do this with empathy, compassion and sensitivity.
Main duties of the job
No 2 days are the same and this role is very varied, but the core role is to;
- Assist and direct patients toward the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Process appointment requests from patients advising of suitable availability through the online booking system (SystmOne).
- Receive and make telephone calls as required to ensure the right services are allocated to the patient.
- Divert calls and take messages ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Prepare sick notes for GPs and other general administrative duties.
- Registration of new patients computer data entry and medical records.
- Ensure building security (key holder).
We are looking for somebody with;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Great personal core values of care and respect.
- The ability to use your initiative.
- Team player.
- Flexibility in attitude and to support the team core hours.
- The ability to work as part of an integrated and multi-skilled team.
- Good telephone manner, even when under pressure.
LAKESIDE HEALTHCARE is changing the face of primary care provision in England. We are bold, adventurous and ambitious and determined to thrive in uncertain times. We are the largest true partnership in the NHS and operate from various sites across the East Midlands. We serve the healthcare needs of over 170,000 patients across Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire. Joining our team presents an opportunity to be part of a large organisation that is changing the way primary care is delivered today.
About the Practice/Department/Team
Lakeside Stamford has 2 practices; our Sheepmarket surgery in Ryhall Road and St. Marys surgery on Wharf road. We have one of the largest practices across Lakeside Healthcare serving a population of over 31,000 local patients. This role will work across both surgeries.
Facilitate effective communication when receiving, assisting and directing patients, ensuring the patientaccesses the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients andother visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Receiving patients and consulting with the Practice Teams
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice.
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments, via telephone, face to face or via email
- Process appointment requests from patients for on the day and future appointments
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Taking requests for home visits, ensuring to carefully record all relevant details
- Registration of new patients computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address computer and medical records (have knowledge of the Practice Area)
- Be able to cover all Reception positions and duties as necessary.
- Have a working knowledge of the telephone and computer system
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols.
- Ensure building security having thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarms
- Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Reception Team Leader/Patient Service Lead or Hub Manager dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Lakeside Healthcare Group
For help with your application, contact:
22 November 2021
£9.50 an hour