Whitstable Medical Practice
This job is now closed
Whitstable Medical Practice is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Band 6 (equivalent) Radiographer to join our friendly team providing general x-ray examinations to a high diagnostic standard.
The x-ray room is open 8.00 am 8.00 pm, 7 days a week. The post-holder will be required to work 2 x 12 hour days in a flexible rota to include some weekend shifts. There will be more shifts offered to cover annual and sickness leave.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will work autonomously in the Philips Digital Diagnostic x-ray room at Estuary View Medical Centre. They will be responsible for managing their own workload to provide ad hoc x-ray imaging for a busy Urgent Treatment Centre and multiple out-patient clinics as well as a full list of GP appointed patients.
Whitstable Medical Practice is a forward thinking single practice Primary Care Network (PCN) GP Practice based across 3 sites in Whitstable. There are 21 equity partners and 6 salaried GPs looking after over 40,000 patients. We pride ourselves on our innovative approach to Primary Care. We are a training practice and run various in house contracts including Cataract surgery, Ultrasound, Dermatology, Physical Therapies and Audiology together with further community contracts, a Day Surgery Suite and an Urgent Treatment Centre with Digital x-ray.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of and act in accordance with IR(ME)R 17 and IRR 17
- To efficiently manage a busy workload. Demonstrate communication and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise while providing high quality care to our patients
- To participate in the red dot and preliminary clinical evaluation process
- To demonstrate sound IT and administrative skills; the post-holder will be required to book patients onto the x-ray console, service record and scan some documentation
- To undertake image transfer transactions via Image Exchange Portal, e-mail and CD media
- To participate in the x-ray room QA equipment checks
- To supervise and support student radiographers
- Promote good practice consistent with legislation, Whitstable Medical Practice and in accordance with the Society of Radiographers core standards and Professional Code of Conduct.
- To maintain professional HCPC registration
- Participate in continuing professional development opportunities to ensure that up to date evidence-based knowledge and competence in all aspects of the role is maintained
- Identify with the Lead Radiographer the risks and priorities when improving the x-ray service, making constructive suggestions for improvement
- Keep up-to-date with relevant health related policy and work to consider the impact and strategies for implementation with the Lead Radiographer
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within and outside the practice.
Skills and Abilities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Whitstable Medical Practice
For help with your application, contact:
28 June 2021