Lynwood Medical Centre
This job is now closed
We are looking for an enthusiastic GP who is willing to embrace change and thrives on innovation & challenge, including the immense potential for innovation due to the PCN DES. There is immense scope of progression for the right candidate. We encourage efficent working such as telephone/ video consultations, electronic prescribing, using online workflow, developing innovative care plans for health management & improvement and working as a team leader supervising other healthcare professionals working in the medical centre : nurses, ANPs, HCAs & the additional roles being recruited via the new PCN DES.
Please see Job description for further informtion.
Main duties of the job
Apart from clinical responsibilities , the candidate would be expected to have: 1. Awareness of & compliance with all relevant Practice policies. 2. Commitment to life-long learning and contributing to evaluation/audit/ training & clinical standard setting within the organisation, 3. Maintaining confidentiality of data, 4. Promoting & maintaining their own & others health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, 5. Support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, 6. Strive to improve the quality of services in all spheres by reflecting on own & team activities & making suggestions on ways to improve & enhance the teams performance, 7. Recognise that effective communication is the key to relationships with colleagues and patients and contribute to ways of improving our communication methods.
Please refer to Job description and Person specification for further information.
Lynwood Medical Centre is a progressive innovative expanding practice that embraces change with an excellent team and excellent location.We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our forward thinking innovative team of 9 Doctors, 3 Nurses, 2 HCAs, 2 First Contact Physios,1 Social Prescriber and 3 Pharmacists (via PCN ARR Scheme).We offer excellent salary, MDU cover and NHS pension. Six weeks annual leave and two weeks study leave. Salary: £10000 per session per year. The practice is undergoing major expansion and renovation due to rapid increase in patient registrations. We are to the north of A12 avoiding the traffic, there is dedicated parking for doctors and excellent relationship with neighbouring practices and pharmacies. List size: 13,600+. Clinical System: Emis Web. High QOF achievement. To find out more about us or to have a chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on 01708208669.
Job title: General Practitioner
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The post-holder will manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES/POSITION IN STRUCTURE
Will report to the Lead GP (Clinically) and to the Practice Manager (Administration)
- In accordance with the Practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/her-self available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork, reports and correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- In consultation with patients and in line with current Practice disease management protocols, developing care plans for health.
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
- Collecting data for audit purposes and complying with QOF requirements.
- Delivering enhanced services.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible).
- Prescribing in accordance with the Practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities
associated with a GP working within primary care.
Other Responsibilities within the Organisation:-
- Awareness of and compliance with all relevant Practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety.
- A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice.
- Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation.
- Contributing to the development of computer-based patient records.
- Contributing to the summarising of patient records and Read-Coding patient data.
- Attending training and events organised by the Practice or other agencies, where appropriate.
- Willingness to work as part of the Primary Care Network (PCN) team.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health and Safety:-
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines.
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks.
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards.
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity:-
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
In addition to maintaining continued education through attendance at any courses and/or study days necessary to ensure that professional development requirements for PREP are met, the post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk.
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance.
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
- Recognise peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:-
The post-holder will:
- Apply Practice policies, standards and guidance.
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work.
- Participate in audit where appropriate.
Personal skills and qualities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Lynwood Medical Centre
For questions about the job, contact:
24 September 2021
£10,000 a session