Patient Care Administrator / Reception
Dr Dobson and Partners
This job is now closed
The opportunity has arisen for two candidates to join our friendly and hardworking team at this busy medical practice.
The ideal candidates will be a good team players with excellent organisational and communication skills. They must be able to work under pressure in a busy environment whilst maintain a mature, polite and responsible manner.
Main duties of the job
Within your role you will:
be required to present a professional and caring attitude, and provide a high standard of service to meet the needs of our patients.
demonstrate a hardworking and motivated attitude and the ability to work well both as an individual and as part of your team ensuring all practice policies and procedures are followed
have excellent communication skills as you will be required to deal and communicate efficiently with patients, the practice team and external organisations.
We are a dynamic Practice, staffed by a hardworking, enthusiastic and friendly team and we are committed to providing high standards of care to patients.
The main Practice site is a large purpose-built Primary Care Facility which provides the team with a contemporary working environment.
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with home visit requests
- Receiving patients who have consultations with members of Practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Be able to cover reception position as necessary
- Process repeat/acute prescription requests.
- Answer the telephone in prescribing when required
- Administration work
- Changing patient details - computer data entry and medical records.
- To cover all aspects of data entry example duties to include.
- Test Results
- Patient call and recall system
- Scanning letters to patient notes
- Enhanced Services
- Have working knowledge of telephone system, during and after hours.
- Stock the clinical rooms as necessary
- Ensure building security have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm.
- Any other tasks allocated by managers
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, the practice Health & Safety Manual, and the practice Infection Control policy and published procedures. This will include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
- Keeping own work areas and general / patient areas generally clean, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holders role
- Undertaking periodic infection control training (minimum annually)
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply Practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate
Knowledge and skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Dr Dobson and Partners
For help with your application, contact:
21 September 2021
Full-time, Flexible working