Associate Salaried GP
The closing date is 31 July 2022
GPS Healthcare is a modern, dynamic, innovative, successful, training practice based in Solihull, West Midlands.
We are an at-scale provider practice across 6 sites, working as a single partnership.
We are able to offer GPs an interesting and varied career in General Practice and place an emphasis on professional career development whilst appreciating the need for a good work-life balance.
GP vacancies including GP maternity leave posts and ambitious strategic expansion plans, we are excited to be able to further recruit into our friendly and supportive team on a Substantive and Fixed Term contract basis.
Main duties of the job
· Competitive Salary
· 6 weeks A/L and 1 week S/L pro-rata
· Birthday Day off as an added extra
· Regular time-tabled protected personal Admin time
· Personal CPD yearly budget
· Daily site huddles for all staff· The chance to be involved in our work well-being and employee forum steering group
· Extra internal ad-hoc locum sessions possible and multi-site working when needed
· Involvement in audits, practice & service developments, QI work, teaching and GSF/MDT meetings
· Reception Signposting a priority and GP Workflow Administrators
· A team of Clinical Pharmacists and Social Prescribers to support GPs and patients
· Opportunities to shadow specialist clinics such as Dermatology, MSK, joint injections and minor ops.
· GPS social calendar events including Christmas and Summer parties and charity events
· Internal education program with weekly Clinical Meetings (Internal and External speakers) and PLTs
· Supportive Partners and Management team
We would love to hear from you if you are a GPwSI, Trainer, Innovator, have Nursing Home GP experience, IT expertise or have any extra skills that you would like to develop. However we are also equally committed to helping newly qualified GPs make the best start and develop their GP career in a supportive environment full of opportunities.
GPS Healthcare -
· 40,400 patients across 6 sites in Solihull - SystmOne
· CQC Good,
· Investors in People registered practice
· High Qof / UO Achievement
· Close practice links with Birmingham and Solihull CCG (BSol), LMC and Solihealth
We are looking for candidates with enthusiasm for General Practice, who care about its future, who want to get involved and who would like the satisfaction that continuity of care, building patient rapport and being part of a team brings to being a GP.
We encourage all our GPs to take on a manageable area of responsibility that they have a personal interest in and that is mutually agreeable to help further develop their career.
We are pleased to be able to offer the career stability of being part of a robust, resilient, forward thinking, friendly and supportive practice in Solihull.
The post holder will provide the full range of general medical services managing a caseload with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, in line with the GPS Healthcare objectives of providing the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients
To support the clinical and administrative team to manage a busy and interesting clinical caseload. There will be the opportunity over time to take part in leading on key disease areas and assist in developing appropriate healthcare services for a diverse patient list.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
For questions about the job, contact:
20 May 2022
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working