This job is now closed
We have an exciting vacancy within The Admin Hub at Tanworth Lane for an experienced administrator to join our team.
The role is for 30 hours a week - Working Pattern is to be confirmed
Interviews are being held on 15th & 16th August 2022
Main duties of the job
To provide clinical administration support to the business, conveying information and supporting both the clinical and administration teams in the implementation of their duties and achieving excellence in patient care.
To provide a clinical administration service to the business through the accurate summarising and read coding of patient notes. Maintaining accurate information summaries and medication records as a result of patient updates including discharge letters and outpatient prescription requests.
To apply clinical knowledge and experience to support Reception / Administration teams (as required) to achieve GPS Healthcare desired standards of service and patient care.
Tanworth Lane Surgery is part of a wider group of GP Practices working together.
Flexibility to work at the other premises when requested is required as part of this role.
The locations of the other key GP Practices are listed below but are not exclusive. Other locations may be added to this list.
You may also be expected to travel to alternative locations for training and development
- Knowle Surgery, 1500 Warwick Road, Knowle B93 9LE
- Meadowside Family Health Centre, 30 Winchcombe Road, Solihull, B92 8PJ
- Park Surgery, 278 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 3AF
- Village Surgery, Cheswick Way, Cheswick Green, Solihull, B90 4JA
- Yew Tree Medical Centre, 100 Yew Tree Lane, Solihull B91 2RA
1. To provide an administration service to the business through accurate updating and read coding of patient notes.
2. To deal with queries from outside agencies such as insurance companies, solicitors etc. to process medical reports and copy records as and when appropriate.
3. To maintain back office administration in line with in house policies and national guidelines.
4. To maintain accurate information summaries and medication records as a result of patient updates including discharge letters and outpatient prescription requests.
5. To accurately update patient records from daily post ensuring an informative summary is maintained and medication records are complete by the updating of prescription changes in relation to discharge letters and outpatient prescription request.
6. To apply clinical system knowledge to understand clinical performance requirements and support in the achievement of these standards Auditing, QOF, Enhanced Services etc.
7. To assist in the production of information for clinical audit and performance. Undertaking ad-hoc work related to the performance of the practice as required.
8. To support Clinical Template development and updates to meet Clinical needs, achieve QOF standardisation and to ensure patient record accuracy.
9. To deal with enquires received verbally, in writing and in person in a professional and courteous manner
10. To provide support and cover for Reception / Administration teams (as required) to achieve GPS Healthcare desired standards of service and patient care. Including; Reception duties, Escalated queries, Recalls, Reports, Insurance, Registrations, Links, Process reviews, Letter writing, Faxing, Scanning
11. To work effectively in partnership with external agencies as appropriate, liaising with other healthcare professionals and secretaries with regards to accurate recording of patient history and care plans.
12. To maintain personal development by fully participating in an annual appraisal
13. To work as a positive and supportive team member, attending meetings, training and conferences as appropriate for the role and as required
14. To identify areas for quality improvement, risk avoidance or development and take an active part in delivering the business objective
16. To ensure implementation and adherence to practice policy including; Equality and Diversity, Information Governance (including Data Protection Legislation) ,Confidentiality and Health and Safety
17. To provide administrative support to the Management Team as needed.
18. Such other duties as may be reasonably required.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.