New Southgate Surgery
This job is now closed
Enthusiastic, motivated, and experienced person required for a busy GP Surgery in Wakefield. The successful applicant will work alongside our current secretarial team. They will need to be flexible to cover holiday and sickness absence in order to maintain services. This is a part time position for 20 hours per week to include Monday and Friday.
Main duties of the job
The purpose of the role is to provide first class secretarial support to the GPs, the Nursing Team, and Management within the Practice. You will provide general assistance to the Practice Team also and project a positive, approachable image to patients, visitors, and work colleagues, either in person, via the telephone, or email.
We are a friendly GP surgery in Wakefield with a good reputation and a long history. We take pride in delivering safe, effective patient care and we have a list size of just over 14,000.
Your main duties will include:
• Typing patient letters, referrals and reports dictated, written or verbal
• Ensuring letters are generated ready for signature, and a copy is recorded in the clinical record
• Typing other documents as requested, e.g. Individual Funding Requests, with GP guidance
• Recording relevant patient data on the Practice clinical system, providing an excellent audit trail
• Actioning tasks and admin notes for the secretarial work group on a daily basis, dealing with urgent requests as soon as possible
• Responding to patient enquiries/queries via the telephone, email or in person
• Obtaining information from hospitals
• Making and chasing hospital appointments for patients, if required
• Ensuring patient letters are sent to the relevant department using the appropriate method, i.e. electronic referrals, paper referrals, telephone
• Urgent and Two Week Wait (Fast Track) referrals to be booked through NHS electronic referral service
• Maintain the outstanding activity/worklist and rejected referrals on the system
• Any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post
This list is not exhaustive and there may be times when the role will involve carrying out additional duties, which will be appropriate to the post, to ensure the efficient running of the Practice. You will be expected to embrace any procedural changes and adapt to new ways of working as necessary. Experience of SystmOne is preferable but not essential, as full training will be given.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
New Southgate Surgery
For help with your application, contact:
10 December 2021