Specialist Dementia Admiral Nurse (Diverse Communities)
Willows Medical Centre
The closing date is 31 August 2022
Are you a Registered Nurse with an interest and/or experience in supporting diverse and underserved communities? Do you have a passion for dementia care?
In collaboration with Dementia UK, Willows Health, is offering an exciting new opportunity within their locality for a full time permanent Band 7 Specialist Dementia Nurse post (Admiral Nurse).
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will join the Admiral Nurse Accelerator Learning Programme (ALP), designed to support nurses to become a dementia specialist Admiral Nurse and launch a new Admiral Nursing service.
The ALP is a six-month blended learning programme. You will divide your time between study days (2.5 days a week) and developing a new Admiral Nursing service within Willows Health (2.5 days). Following the 6 month Accelerator Learning Programme, the Admiral Nurse will fully launch an Admiral Nurse Service, working across Willows Health PCN, and will work alongside health and social care professionals in primary and secondary care.
· develop the specialist skills, clinical expertise and leadership skills needed to practise as a Band 7 dementia specialist Admiral Nurse
· receive dedicated support from the ALP Team, experienced Consultant Admiral Nurses and host line manager, who will support you to develop and launch a successful Admiral Nursing service
· have access to the Dementia UK Admiral Nurse Academy – supporting specialist professional and practice development
· become part of a community of passionate specialist dementia nurses
Willows Health is the largest primary care provider in Leicester with over 45 000 patients across 10 sites, with caring for the health of our patients being at the forefront of what we do.
Our mission is to revolutionise healthcare across Leicester, whilst providing quality healthcare by our expertly qualified executive team and clinicians to ensure that not only do our patients receive the right treatment, but also in a timely manner.
The Admiral Nurse will lead, deliver and coordinate relationship-centred dementia care within operational areas of Leicester City Health Limited (Willows Health), in order to improve the experience of carers/families affected by dementia1 with complex needs.
Leicester City is one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse places in the UK and the post holder will have relevant skill, experience and knowledge of working with a range of cultures, including black African and Caribbean, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
In line with the Admiral Nurse Competency framework at an enhanced specialist level, the post holder will provide:
· Specialist bio-psychosocial assessment and support for people with dementia and families with complex needs
· Facilitation of education and training for staff in the delivery of evidence-based dementia care
· Clinical leadership with policy development and quality improvements in relation to dementia care
· Consultancy to other health and social care professionals regarding dementia
Knowledge & Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).