Burlington Primary Care
This job is now closed
We are looking to welcome an experienced Healthcare Assistant into our practice to support our nursing team.
Patients are at the heart of all that the Practice does. You will be able to grow your current skills and experience, dealing with a range of patients and NHS professionals. The right candidate will ideally possess experience of working in a busy healthcare environment. You will run your own clinics. A flexible and positive attitude is essential and you will need to demonstrate good team working and communication skills and an excellent standard of patient (customer) service.
Main duties of the job
The job role will include supporting the clinical team in the provision and delivery of prescribed programmes of patient care including Chronic Disease Management.
General Practice experience and knowledge of SystmOne would be a distinct advantage but are not essential as full training can be given.
We are a busy practice in the heart of Ipswich, rated "Good" by CQC, with over 17,000 patients. Our demographic is varied and will provide the chosen candidate with good all round heath care experience. We have a long standing friendly and professional team of Nurses and Nurse Practitioners for you to be part of.
At BPC, we have a team made up of partners, salaried GPs, trainee GPs, advanced nurse practitioners, practice nurses, emergency care practitioners, health care assistants, pharmacists, admin assistants, care navigators, social prescribers and the management teams. As you can imagine, there's always someone about.
Please look at our new "why work with us" page on our website
Working under the direct supervision and strictly in accordance with specific practice guidelines and protocols, the healthcare assistant will assist the practice clinical team in the provision and delivery of prescribed programmes of patient care.
To contribute to the implementation of services, the post holder will:-
- ECG recording
- Chaperoning duties
- Processing and management of laboratory samples requested by GPs/nurses
- Sterilising, cleansing and maintenance of surgical equipment
- Vaccine/cold chain storage, monitoring and recording
- Assisting with childhood immunisations
- Height/weight/BP measurements
- Surgical equipment and vaccine re-stocking and stock rotation
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
- Wound care (with training)
- Preparing and maintaining environments and equipment before, during and after patient care interventions including assisting GPs during the performance of minor operations
- Assisting in the assessment and surveillance of patients health and well-being
- Undertaking specific clinical activities for named patients that have been delegated and taught specifically in relation to that individual
- Helping to raise awareness of health and well-being and how it can be promoted
- Assisting with the collection and collation of data on needs related to health and well-being
- B12 loading doses
- Long term condition reviews
- Checking ears
Skills and Abilities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Burlington Primary Care
For questions about the job, contact:
10 November 2021
Full-time, Job share