Primary Care Network Manager - Totton PCN
New Horizons Medical Partnership
This job is now closed
The Totton Primary Care Network (PCN) are looking for an experienced Business Manager to support delivery of high quality services and further develop our PCN.
Our PCN aim is to maximise all business opportunities available, not only via the Network Contract DES and changes to the GP Contract but, taking a strategic view of the local health economy, work with local trusts and other businesses, to offer services more locally through the PCN.
The successful candidate will report to the PCN Clinical Director and be expected to liaise with all PCN member sites to develop a workforce plan, taking into account the population of Totton and its needs, the requirements of all sites and the ARRS budget through 2023/2024.
Main duties of the job
The role requires a range of skills covering Finance, both Company and General Administration, Company Secretarial and HR and Recruitment.
The PCN Manager will also need to demonstrate:
- A sound business background, preferably with previous experience of successfully incorporating a Company or PCN, including the required liaison with all necessary external bodies to achieve Limited company status
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Working well under pressure and to targets
- Experience of successful project delivery
- Knowledge of current employment legislation, HR policies and procedures
- Budgeting and general book keeping
We are a Primary Care Network covering a registered population of circa 38,000 patients, made up of two member GP Practices: Testvale Surgery and New Horizons Medical Partnership.
The successful candidate will work across all Totton PCN Practices, with Testvale Surgery as the Lead employer.
REPORTING TO: PCN Clinical Director
LEAD EMPLOYER:Testvale Surgery, Totton, Hampshire
WORKING HOURS: Full Time (37 hours per week)
SALARY: £52,000 per annum
CLOSING DATE & INTERVIEW DATE: Applications close on Sunday 4 September 2022 (11:59pm). Interviews are scheduled to be held week commencing Monday 12 September 2022 (TBC).
IMPORTANT NOTE: As an NHS employer, all mandatory regulations on COVID vaccinations will apply.
1. Operational Management
- Overseeing the operations of the PCN, reporting to the PCN board and being the first point of contact for the PCN by outside organisations.
2. Workforce & Recruitment
- Oversee the recruitment and retention of all PCN employed staff by working with the Lead Practice to ensure all posts follow due process and employment checks are carried out.
- Manage and monitor any sub-contracting workforce arrangements by working closely with the Lead Practice and lead Staff (clinical/non clinical) in member practices, to ensure appropriate staff induction, training, and appraisals/reviews are in place to support staff to undertake their roles.
3. Service Delivery
- Lead and co-ordinate the PCN implementation and delivery of all elements of the Network Contract DES to ensure compliance with local and national service requirements.
- Lead and co-ordinate the scoping, business case and implementation of projects across the PCN as part of the organisational development plan.
- Work with member GP practices to monitor progress and delivery against the Impact and Investment Fund (IIF) targets.
- Where required, work closely with member GP Practices, community and secondary care providers, CCG, local community services, care homes, and PPGs to deliver the Network Contract DES service specifications and requirements.
- Hold responsibility for monitoring and staying informed of PCN funding updates/changes.
- Ensure all PCN funding entitlements are claimed/received on a regular basis.
- Ensure payments are issued to the member GP Practices as agreed in respect of any services provided on behalf of the PCN.
- Provide the PCN Board with regular management accounts.
5. Administrative Support
- Organise, attend and minute PCN board meetings.
- Represent the PCN at other meetings as required, providing feedback to the PCN Management Board.
- Hold responsibility for submitting returns and reporting in a timely manner.
- Support the Clinical Director and member GP Practices as required.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.