Totton Primary Care Network (PCN) is looking to recruit a Digital Care Coordinator. This is an innovative and exciting role in Primary Care, which is new to NHS
organisations, and involves using available data sources to understand
the health and well-being profiles of our residents.
Main duties of the job
For details of the duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by the Digital Care
Coordinator please refer to the Job Description.
You will be enthusiastic, meticulous and proactive. Keen to work as part of a
team, you will be self-motivated with well-developed communication skills. You
will have excellent IT literacy but might not yet have experience of working in
health or care settings. Nonetheless, you will be open to learning new skills
and ideas, and to developing the care coordination role to its maximum
potential. In time you will become an expert resource to the Primary Care
Network (PCN), influencing our digital and data analysis agendas, and making a
positive impact on our development.
The Totton Primary Care Network (PCN) comprises of Testvale Surgery and New Horizons Medical Partnership, operating over 3 sites and serving 37,500 patients in the Totton area of Southampton.
We have a vision to
improve the health and wellbeing of our patients and to realise this vision
we will work to develop workstreams which include Population Health and
Please note that the interview date for this role will be Wednesday 20th July 2022.
- Identify patients who currently do not use digital channels for healthcare access
- Work with patients to improve digital inclusion
- Work with partner organisations to promote digital inclusion
- Identify and support patients and groups of patients who are digitally excluded
- Maintaining and monitoring the data coding on the clinical system
- Manage social media for the PCN including website, twitter etc and social media health campaigns
- Liaising with PCN practices to ensure coding is compliant and consistent
- Implementing data quality assurance on all practice activity data
- Monitoring and reporting on activity data for the PCN Roles
- Identifying patient cohorts requiring additional medical/social support
- Providing data administration support to the PCN management team as required
- Any reasonable requests from the PCN management team
- Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the PCN Management team, dependant on current and evolving PCN workstreams and priorities.
- Educated to NVQ/GCSE/A level in relevant subject or experience of working at a similar level
- Maintain quality within the Practice/PCN by:
- Alerting other team members to issues of quality & risk.
- Assessing own performance and taking accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve & enhance the teams' performance.
- Working effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients' needs.
- Effectively managing own time, workload and resources.
Health & Safety
- The post holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety & security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintain work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards.
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities & undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks.
- Promptly report any potential risks identified.
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines.
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
Equality & Diversity
- The post holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples' rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs & beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities & rights.
Personal & Professional Development
- The post holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the PCN as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning & performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
- Knowledge and experience of administrative procedures, project management and data analysis.
- Experience of data analysis and reporting.
- Skills for communication on complex information and administrative matters, requiring developed interpersonal and oral/ written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands.
- Ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload with minimal supervision working to tight and often changing timescales.
- Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships.
- Basic knowledge of project principles.
- Skills for managing aspects of projects.
- Experience of working in or with primary and /or community care organisations.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to re-prioritise.
Security & Confidentiality
- The post holder will maintain the security of sensitive personal and other confidential information and will apply all relevant Information Governance policies reliably to working practice. Additionally, they will be expected to follow secure operating procedures for handling information in all formats, including verbal, written and that held electronically.
- The post holder is responsible and accountable for their own practice in line with Infection Prevention & Control that reflect evidence, best practice & legislative requirements.
- The post holder will have the appropriate level of child protection and adult safeguarding knowledge, skills and practice required for the post and be aware of and comply with child protection & adult safeguarding policies and procedures.
- In addition to observing the Practices rules and procedures, which all staff are required to observe and follow, the post holder is also required to follow general policies and procedures that apply to the employment relationship. It is the duty of the post holder to accept personal responsibility for the practical application of these policies, procedures and standards.
- While seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
- In the performance of the duties outlined in the Job Description, the post holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
New Horizons Medical Partnership
Forest Gate Surgery
1 Hazel Farm Road
https://newhorizonsmedicalpartnership.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
21 June 2022
Forest Gate Surgery
1 Hazel Farm Road
12 Salisbury Road
If there's technical issues with the website, contact:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Saturday: 9am to 3pm
Closed Bank Holidays including Easter Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.