Experienced Practice Nurse
New Horizons Medical Partnership
The closing date is 26 June 2022
We are seeking an enthusiastic experienced Practice Nurse to join our forward thinking and friendly nursing team.
The successful applicant must be prepared to work at either of our two surgery sites, Totton Health Centre or Forest Gate Surgery, both based in Totton, Southampton.
This vacancy is for 16 to 24 hours per week (08:30/09:00 - 18:00) over 2/3 days (negotiable).
IMPORTANT NOTE: As an NHS employer, all mandatory regulations on COVID vaccinations will apply.
Main duties of the job
You will be RGN qualified, hold accredited training in practice nursing or relevant courses and be prepared to undertake further training or updates as required. Experience in chronic disease management is also desirable.
Please see the Job Description for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
We are a two-site partnership with a practice population of circa 25,000 patients.
Benefits applying to this post include: NHS Pension, 6 weeks holiday p.a. pro-rata, uniform and Simplyhealth membership (after successful completion of probationary period).
Informal practice visits are welcome.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 June 2022 (11.59pm). Interviews are scheduled to be held on Tuesday 5 July 2022, however, please do not delay applying for this vacancy as some interviews may be held prior to the closing date if suitable applications are received.
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the nursing team are varied and will differ from time to time under the direction of the Nurse Practitioner / Partners / Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving Practice workload and staffing levels:
- Implement, evaluate and manage individual treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a chronic condition
- Assess and care for patients with complex, post-operative wounds
- Advise, support and where appropriate, administer vaccinations for patients travelling abroad
- Administer vaccinations for baby immunisations and assist with baby clinics
- Participate with cervical cytology and contraceptive management
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; scanning, processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers where appropriate
- Assist with management of nursing supplies and stock maintenance
- Support and advise patients requesting information relating to family planning needs
This role is a part-time vacancy 16 to 24 hours per week (08:00/09:00 - 18:00) over 2/3 days (negotiable).
Other Areas of Responsibility
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
New Horizons Medical Partnership
For questions about the job, contact:
26 April 2022