Contact Centre Advisor
Portsdown Group Practice
This job is now closed
Due to the expansion of our progressive Practice, a vacancy has become available in our innovative Contact Centre. You will be the first point of contact for patients and have a diverse range of responsibilities. Your role will be integral to the Practice and our patients, as you ensure that they receive the right care, at the right time and by the correct method. Portsdown Group Practice is a large, urban practice with 58,000 patients, working across 6 sites. The work we do is challenging, interesting and hugely varied, reflecting the demographic mix of our patients. We are a long established training practice and our commitment to ongoing learning is unparalleled. You will be joining us at an incredibly exciting time as we embrace our new Model of Care and strive to deliver positive and meaningful outcome for our patients. If you can work, sometimes under pressure, to high standards, are flexible and reliable, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and can deliver a high quality of care in a busy professional environment, we would like to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
To handle inbound calls and eConsult queries to the practice, dealing with them promptly and accurately to ensure the smooth running of the practice, and the delivery of a high quality service to our patients.
Portsdown Group Practice covers the whole of Portsmouth from postcodes PO1 to PO7. We operate from 6 surgeries: Cosham Park House (PO6 3BG), Crookhorn Lane (PO7 5XP, Heyward Road (PO4 0DY), Kingston Crescent (PO2 8AL), Paulsgrove (PO6 4HJ) and Somerstown (PO5 4EZ).
We are our own Primary Care Network (PCN). We have 12 Clinical Partners, 12 Salaried GPs and a comprehensive Nursing and extended clinical team overseen by our Clinical Team Manager and consisting of 15 Nurse / Paramedic Practitioners, 14 Registered Nurses, 12 HCAs, 1 Physician Associate, 3 MSK Physiotherapists and 3 Care Co-ordinators. The Pharmacy team consists of 3 Clinical Pharmacists, 2 Pharmacy Technicians and 1 pre-registration trainee Pharmacy Technician.
The Practice is well established, financially secure and successful. Over the last few years we have earned maximum QOF points.
- Answer calls and eConsult queries promptly, and deal with them as efficiently as possible
- Maintain a professional and helpful attitude
- Book appointments for patients ensuring accurate data collection and that appointments are booked with the appropriate clinician
- Provide patients with accurate information on appointments systems and processes
- Update existing patient information onto the clinical system
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately
- Route calls to the appropriate resource
- Signpost patients accordingly
- Develop care navigation skills
- Meet targets set on call handling and eConsult response times
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.