Portsdown Group Practice
This job is now closed
The role will be based at our Cosham Park House Surgery, but there would be the expectation that cross cover may be required at other sites to cover sickness and annual leave. Daily tasks will include greeting patients on arrival, booking patient appointments in a timely manner, whilst maintaining a professional manner and treating all visitors to the Surgery with respect and dignity.
Main duties of the job
To provide high quality reception and general office/administration tasks, relating to the practices provision of excellent primary healthcare, and the smooth, effective running of the practice.
Portsdown Group Practice is a friendly, forward thinking, well established GP practice supporting approximately 58,600 patients across 6 sites in the Portsmouth area. We are currently looking for an experienced receptionist to join our growing administration team. If you can work under pressure to high standards, are flexible and reliable, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and can deliver a high quality of care in a busy professional environment, we would like to hear from you.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Offer general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Deal with all general enquiries
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
- Register new patients to the practice onto the Clinical System.
- Ensure urgent and home visit requests are recorded appropriately to ensure timely action
- Receive and make telephone calls as required; Participate in the practice centralised call centre
- Promote online services to patients
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services
- Take payment and issue receipts for any chargeable services, ensuring accurate record keeping
- Receive and disseminate incoming mail as appropriate
- Ensure any safeguarding report requests are passed to the appropriate clinician in a timely manner
- Open/Close premises in line with procedure including activation/deactivation of alarm.
- Ensure the premises are completely secure. Report any security issues accordingly.
- Receiving deliveries and ensuring paperwork is forwarded accordingly, ad items are stored swiftly and appropriately
Portsdown Group Practice
For help with your application, contact:
03 November 2021
£9.50 an hour