The Chorley Surgery
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Nursing team at The Chorley Surgery.
- Join a practice that is trying hard to make the job as stress free as possible.
- Join a practice that strives to be the best at clinical care.
- Join a practice that will offer real day to day support and guidance.
- Join a practice that offers total flexibility, work-life balance and family friendly hours.
- Join a practice where the consulting rooms are gorgeous and twice the average size.
Main duties of the job
To assist medical personnel in the care of practice patients, to include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education.
Provide assessment, screening treatment, services and health education advice.
Assist with the organisation and co-ordination of the provision of nursing services for the practice.
Provide nursing treatment to patients in participation with general practitioners, using agreed protocols, including the taking of cervical smears.
Provide general and specific health screening to the practice patients (within the agreed protocols) with referral to general practitioners as necessary.
Be competent in administration of childhood immunisation and travel vaccination.
Be competent and confident in managing people with long-term health conditions
We are a forward thinking, friendly practice based in the centre of Chorley.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Practice Nurse to join our team following the retirement of one of our practice nurses.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about patient care, has experience of EMIS web, knowledge of QoF and who has excellent nursing skills.
This post is full time up to 37.5 hours a week, however we are happy to consider less hours for the right candidate
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience, range between £17-£20 per hour.
6 weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug-and nondrug-based treatment methods into a management plan.
- Review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice.
- Work with patients in order to support compliance with, and adherence to, prescribed treatments.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication, medication regimes, side-effects and interactions
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care.
- Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children.
- Management of monitoring bloods for long term condition and NHS Health Checks. I.e HBA1C and Cholesterol. With support from clinicians
Knowledge & Skills
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).