Clinical Coordinator and Data Administrator
Fremington Medical Centre
This job is now closed
Barnstaple Alliance Primary Care Network is looking for a highly motivated, reliable and organised individual who has excellent communication skills and with a flexible approach to team work.
You will work closely with the PCN Management Lead, Operations Manager, Clinical Directors and the four GP practices to provide clinical coordination and data administration for the Primary Care Network.
You will primarily be based at Fremington Medical Centre and Litchdon Medical Centre with occasional need to work at both Brannams Medical Centre and Queens Medical Centre.
Interviews will be held on 23rd June 2021.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be a key member of the team whose overarching goal is to support the Practices with the extraction, collation and anaysising of data, vaccination co-ordination, providing admin support to the PCN Management Lead, Operational Manager and Clinical Directors and ensuring the PCN complies with Data Protection/GDPR.
Barnstaple Alliance became a Primary Care Network (PCN) on 1st July 2019 and consists of four General Practitioner surgeries:
Brannams Medical Centre www.brannammedicalcentre.co.uk
Fremington Medical Centre www.fremington.org
Litchdon Medical Centre www.litchdonmedicalcentre.co.uk
Queens Medical Centre www.queensmc.com
The four practices provide high quality primary care to over 50,700 patients in the Barnstaple area. Whilst retaining independent surgeries, the four practices are working together on collaborative projects to improve and develop the healthcare services offered to patients.
For further information, please visit the website: www.barnstaplealliance.co.uk
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Providing some rota/clinic template support including holiday requests for PCN Staff.
Providing administrative support to the Operational Manager, PCN Management Lead and Clinical Directors.
Support the implementation of initiatives through timely and relevant information analysis and administrative support.
To work with the Operational Manager to ensure Policies and/or communication are standardised across the PCN.
Attend meetings on relevant projects/matters as and when required.
Communication and relationships
Liaising with Administration teams from the 4 GP Practices regarding projects, sharing ideas, collating responses and disseminating information.
To work with the Operational Manager on promoting and enhancing the PCNs Social Media and digital activity.
IT and Data
To complete IT Searches consisting but not limited to S1 Patient searches and reporting for PCN work.
Collating reports and analysing data for and on behalf of Practices within the PCN for PCN projects.
To manage and ensure the PCN complies with all Data Protection Regulations/GDPR which includes the production and implementation of DPIAs, Assessments etc.
Develop and maintain databases required for the role.
Co-ordinating in co-junction with the PCN Operational Manager the vaccination programme for the 4 GP Practices excluding. Child imms.
The post holder will be based at both Litchdon Medical Centre and Fremington Medical Centre but there may be times when the post holder will be required to travel and work from any of the 4 GP Practices within the PCN.
Adhere to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the member practice as a business organisation and to the Network. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the member practices or Network may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Network policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Network is committed to supporting and promoting opportunities for staff to maintain their health, well-being and safety. You have a duty to take reasonable care of health and safety at work for you, your team and others, and to cooperate with employers to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements. All personnel are to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Environment Act 19995, Fire Precautions (workplace) regulations 1999 and other statutory legislation.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner, which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
QUALITY AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT (QI)
- To preserve and improve the quality of our output, all personnel are required to think not only of what they do, but how they achieve it. By continually re-examining our processes, we will be able to develop and improve the overall effectiveness of the way we work. The responsibility for this rests with everyone working within the network to look for opportunities to improve quality and share good practice.
- The network continually strives to improve work processes, which deliver healthcare with improved results across all areas of our service. We promote a culture of continuous improvement, where everyone counts and staff will be permitted to make suggestions and contributions to improve our service delivery and enhance patient care.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication and collaboration both within and outside the organisation and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with outside agencies and other stakeholders
- Recognise peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
- Recognise the significance of collaborative working and ensure they communicate in a way, which enables the sharing of information in an appropriate manner.
The above is intended only as a guideline and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. The postholder will be expected to carry out other tasks, which may be reasonably required of him/her by the employer. This post may be subject to change/review as the needs of the practice/department changes. Any changes will be made following consultation with the individual.
This job description may be subject to change from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Network, but it is a correct reflection of the type of duties that need to be undertaken.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Fremington Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
01 June 2021
£11 to £13 an hour