This job is now closed
Wickhambrook Surgery are seeking an NVQ 2 Dispenser to join their friendly, supportive team for 24 hours per week, with a degree of flexibility to cover colleagues leave as and when required.
The role is varied and interesting; no two days are the same. You could be dispensing medication one day and engaging with patients the next, which makes for a very rewarding job.
Main duties of the job
You will require the following skills and experience;
NVQ level 2 dispensary or equivalent pharmacy services qualification
At least 2 years dispensary or pharmacy knowledge
Understanding and experience of working as a dispenser in a GP practice setting
Excellent clinical and medication knowledge relevant to the role
The commitment to continue to learn new clinical skills and develop your career
The confidence to work as part of a busy GP multi-disciplinary practice team and using your own initiative in decision making
The ability to be adaptable and flexible in your approach
Excellent patient facing inter-personal communication skills
For more information see the attached job description and person specification
Our busy yet community minded practice is located in beautiful, rural Suffolk countryside between Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and Haverhill, serving a patient population of approx. 5,300 patients, dispensing to nearly 100% of the practice population.
Our dispensing team work well together and support each other. Working in General Practice is busy, but it is also rewarding. Knowing that we are helping our patients in what can sometimes be difficult periods in their lives very satisfying.
Wickhambrook Surgery itself is a purpose built building located in the picturesque village of Wickhambrook. There is free car parking on site and nearby.
All members of the team benefit from inclusion in the NHS Pension scheme and receive a uniform.
The full job description is attached for reference. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- To be responsible for checking all medicines dispensed, ensuring there are no discrepancies
- Dispensing medicines to the entitled population safely and accurately
- Collecting prescription charges in accordance with dispensary protocol
- Maintaining stock levels within the dispensary, liaising with the dispensary manager to facilitate reordering
- Receiving and storing supplies in accordance with current policy, ensuring the cold chain is maintained where applicable
- Ensuring controlled drugs are dispensed in accordance with practice policy
- Safe disposal of returned and/or out of date medicines
- Ensuring all repeat prescriptions are processed within a 48 hour timeframe
- Providing patients with advice regarding all prescription matters
- Process prescription requests via email, phone, face-to-face and online
- Processing dossett boxes
- Processing home delivery medication
- Assisting the dispensary manager in the preparation of monthly returns
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Maintain accurate records at all times, read coding entries appropriately
- Be conversant with and adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) governing safe dispensing
- Provide holiday/sick leave cover for other dispensing staff