Coleridge Medical Centre
This job is now closed
Coleridge Medical Centre is offering an excellent opportunity for a reliable, experienced and driven Finance Assistant to support the Finance Manager in the management and co-ordination of all aspects of the Practice finances.
The successful candidate will preferably hold a professional accounting qualification and have proven financial experience in bookkeeping, payroll and financial software systems (preferably Sage).
This is a part-time position, covering 19 hours per week.
Main duties of the job
Some key responsibilities will include:
- sales and purchase ledger
- managing weekly banking and petty cash processes
- data analysis and reporting
- providing monthly payroll support to staff and our payroll provider
- ensuring the Practice is correctly remunerated for services provided
Along with the relevant experience, our ideal candidate will reflect our core Practice values of approachability, teamwork, communication and respect.
Coleridge Medical Centre - A Healthy Practice.
We aim to provide a high quality, caring, safe and friendly atmosphere within which we help members of our community achieve and attain optimum levels of health.
APPROACHABILITY - Communicative, adaptive and approachable
TEAMWORK - We all have our part to play in making ourselves and our communities healthier
COMMUNICATION - Honest and direct communication and feedback
RESPECT - We appreciate the contributions, views and interests of others, and treat all with dignity
Ottery St Mary is a market town on the eastern fringes of Exeter and is easily accessible from the A30. Our premises are fully accessible and purpose built with good staff facilities and off site car parking close by.
- Maintain the electronic financial purchase and sales ledger Ensure invoices are paid within the agreed time frame
- Manage weekly banking and petty cash processes
- Processing monthly/annual reimbursement claims
- Provide monthly payroll support to staff and our payroll provider
- Ensure statutory claims and payments are made in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that effective financial controls are in place and processes are adhered to
- Ensure the practice is correctly remunerated for services provided
- Deputise for the Financial Manager in their absence
- Act as the primary point of contact for suppliers, customers and NHS partners
- Maintain accurate policy and protocol documents
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2/skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants.
Coleridge Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
21 June 2021