Clinical Team Lead
Coleridge Medical Centre
This job is now closed
We feel privileged to be able to offer an exciting new role within Coleridge Medical Centre!
We are looking for a dedicated and driven individual to take on the role of Clinical Team Lead.
The successful candidate will support and manage clinical activity within the nursing team and act as clinical advisor to the practice management team, among other duties.
This post will be for 8 hours per week.
Main duties of the job
The Clinical Team Lead will be responsible for the clinical management of the practice nursing team, consisting of Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Prescribers, Practice Nurses, HCAs and Phlebotomists.
Working as part of the practice multidisciplinary team, the post holder will ensure nursing services are delivered effectively to the entitled patient population. The Clinical Team Lead will be responsible for a number of clinical areas such as infection prevention and control, health promotion, chronic disease management, health prevention, health care checks, as well as supporting the practice management team in the reviewing and delivery of clinical policy and procedure.
Coleridge Medical Centre - A Healthy Practice.
We aim to provide a high quality, caring, safe and friendly atmosphere within which we help members of our community achieve and attain optimum levels of health.
APPROACHABILITY - Communicative, adaptive and approachable
TEAMWORK - We all have our part to play in making ourselves and our communities healthier
COMMUNICATION - Honest and direct communication and feedback
RESPECT - We appreciate the contributions, views and interests of others, and treat all with dignity
Ottery St Mary is a market town on the eastern fringes of Exeter and is easily accessible from the A30. Our premises are fully accessible and purpose built with good staff facilities and off site car parking close by.
The following are the core responsibilities of Clinical Team Lead. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Support and manage clinical activity within the nursing team
- Assist in the development of, review and update of all clinical policy and clinical services
- Clinical advisor to the practice management team
- Assist in the clinical management within the QOF and CQC domains to include providing clinical input to the management of risk, governance, quality assurance and audit
- Functional management and motivation of the nursing team
- Optimise efficiency within the nursing team
- Help to ensure the practice achieves its objectives in a safe and effective working environment
- Innovate new ways of working and lead the team in promoting the equality, diversity and inclusion agenda, quality and collaborative working, service delivery, learning and development
- Support the practice to comply with CQC, Infection Control, Health and Safety and other mandatory and legislative requirements
- Support the management team with recruitment and retention of clinical staff
- Consult with the management team on HR and personnel matters affecting the nursing team, including review of job descriptions, changes to roles and responsibilities
- Help to implement and embed an effective nurse appraisal process
- Advise on the procurement of clinical equipment, supplies and services
- Support the management of all complaints where clinical input is required and where nurse team are involved
- Ensure the nursing team have the appropriate level of training to enable them to carry out their individual roles and responsibilities effectively
Clinical Knowledge and Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2/skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Coleridge Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
23 August 2021