Coleridge Medical Centre
This job is now closed
Coleridge Medical Centre is looking for an experienced and motivated Medical Secretary to join our team for 24 hours per week.
The candidate will need to be able to work independently and manage a wide range of secretarial administrative duties, as part of our small Medical Secretary team.
The ideal candidate will need to be computer literate, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have experience in audio typing and medical terminology. Attention to detail and confidentiality is essential at all times.
Main duties of the job
The ideal candidate will be working closely with other members of the secretarial team, and under the guidance and support of the Practice Manager.
The successful applicant will provide an efficient secretarial service, as required, in an accurate and timely manner.
Some duties will include:
- audio and copy typing
- preparing correspondence
- word processing
- document management
- patient referrals to other NHS and private providers
- liaise with patients, external suppliers and other providers of health and social care services.
Coleridge Medical Centre - A Healthy Practice.
We aim to provide a high quality, caring, safe and friendly atmosphere within which we help members of our community achieve and attain optimum levels of health.
APPROACHABILITY - Communicative, adaptive and approachable
TEAMWORK - We all have our part to play in making ourselves and our communities healthier
COMMUNICATION - Honest and direct communication and feedback
RESPECT - We appreciate the contributions, views and interests of others, and treat all with dignity
Ottery St Mary is a market town on the eastern fringes of Exeter and is easily accessible from the A30. Our premises are fully accessible and purpose built with good staff facilities and off site car parking close by.
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice medical secretary team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager/Assistant Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels.
- To establish and maintain filing and administration systems so that written or electronic information is easily accessible, accurate and secure.
- To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls in order to facilitate timely and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with queries.
- To process patient referrals in accordance with practice protocols and procedures.
- To record and accurately relay messages.
- Use a full range of office equipment and software
- Participate in the legal, regulatory, administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients notes on the clinical computer system as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings as required.
- Assist in the formulation of practice philosophy, strategy and policy and develop appropriate protocols.
- Co-operate and participate as required in any research projects within the practice.
- Participate in the education and training of students of all disciplines and the induction of personnel working and visiting the practice.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2/skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants.
Coleridge Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
18 August 2021